Welcome To aBlackWeb

American Express honors 100 Black female entrepreneurs in its '100 for 100' program

You are in their heads and expectations and underestimating the influence of the black woman to our culture.

You have the consider the starting point of the black woman in our society. Alot of black women hold the men that they date to the standard of what they feel like they themselves are worth having in a man. Alot of the men out here, hold themselves to the standard of the women they can obtain. And they only elevate when the conditions are necessary to meet the standards of the women they want.

Case in point, tricking used to be frowned upon..till the standard of what women expected of men elevated. Then its, it ain't tricking if you got it. Move away from the toxicness of that but toward the substance of the thought process involved.

As black women elevate and the professionalism and stability of their lives becomes more important. So to does the expectation that black men fit into that in order for them to obtain these women.

So to does the standard of what black men feel they need to adhere to elevates. As they elevate, so do we. From the outside looking it, it looks like the brash, alpha black man runs the community. No...it is the black woman. And "they"..underestimate her influence

We shouldnt

I agree with everything you said.

Mainly because everything you said proves my point.

Nobody's saying they shouldn't.

But we can't ignore that fact that there aren't similar programs for black men.
Are you sure there isn't?

Or are you just making this statement when the topic of women come up?

Have you actually did any research to support that no black men get awarded for business?

Cuz the ONLY reason I heard about this one cuz my friend won.... If she didn't win,I wouldn't have even been aware of this reward. It would have flew right under my radar.

So I'm asking because there's a strong possibility that many similar awards have flown under the radar....so again I ask. Are you sure these things don't exist for black men????

Yall both gotta look at it as, successful black women is also success for black men

And the only downside would be the fear that the elevation in the financial potency of the black woman. Would mean that the black woman would pivot and begin dating non black men once they are on..

Mind you, this had become so prevalent with black men, once they reach financial potency that it had become a running joke. "When he get on, he leave your ass for a white girl"

I would say you two brothas should think of this in the terms of what Minister Farrakhan said about whites real fear of blacks..

He said their fear is that if we get to power, you fear it will lead to us doing to you what you did to us..

Good take

It's nothing to take away from the ladies.......but this is a common, insidious tool of white supremacy.

Which is to oppress black men by seeming to uplift black women.

This causes some black men to resent black women for their success..........and makes some black women think they're better than black men as a result.

Basically, divide and conquer to keep us at odds with each other so that we'll never truly advance as a whole.

Smh who are the biggest supporters of black men? So why do you think this ?

Last I read black women were outpacing black men in education and business.
It would make more sense to say they see the rise of black women as more profitable, so they're going with the wave.
Cause If the goal is to help the less fortunate based on gender, black men would be the demographic to aim at.

we should really stop and put this in another thread.

my post can be seen as divisive and that wasnt my intention.

i gotta hold that L.

my fault OP.
congrats to your people.

Have you actually did any research to support that no black men get awarded for business?

Cuz the ONLY reason I heard about this one cuz my friend won.... If she didn't win,I wouldn't have even been aware of this reward. It would have flew right under my radar.

So I'm asking because there's a strong possibility that many similar awards have flown under the radar....so again I ask. Are you sure these things don't exist for black men????

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that if there were........we would've heard about them.

bruh this happens a lot. Not on abw but I see this a lot. Women will talk about sex abuse a man comes in and says men are abused too but never brings it up outside that conversation.

Last I read black women were outpacing black men in education and business.

Cause If the goal is to help the less fortunate based on gender, black men would be the demographic to aim at.

Exactly.

So, since they're so successful already..........why are they making it seem like they're helping an oppressed demographic?

we should really stop and put this in another thread.

my post can be seen as divisive and that wasnt my intention.

i gotta hold that L.

my fault OP.
congrats to your people.

You're absolutely right.

Look, I'll leave it at this because I don't want to derail this thread either.

On the surface, it's definitely positive.

Beneath the surface, however, there's something more insidious going on.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that if there were........we would've heard about them.
You probably are wrong.

Just because you're not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Are they not an oppressed demographic?

Not to the same extent as black men.

Simply because they have the benefit of being a double minority.

Meaning, they're more successful in corporate america because they've been given more opportunities.

Actually, a triple minority when you think about it.

Hire a black............check.

Hire a woman.........check.

Hire a black woman..........check.

Basically nullifying the need to hire black men because they've already reached their black quota by hiring black women.

On the low though, white women are the biggest beneficiaries of diversity............despite being the largest demographic in the country.

:hahaha:

Let that sink in.

Last edited:
It's nothing to take away from the ladies.......but this is a common, insidious tool of white supremacy.

Which is to oppress black men by seeming to uplift black women.

This causes some black men to resent black women for their success..........and makes some black women think they're better than black men as a result.

Basically, divide and conquer to keep us at odds with each other so that we'll never truly advance as a whole.

This has some legs to it.

but idk

Back