Welcome To aBlackWeb

American Express honors 100 Black female entrepreneurs in its '100 for 100' program

iu

Well deserved!

I been thinking about clicking up w a Sister to invest w/, but I ain't got the slightest clue where to begin. Couple of fine ladies in that collage.

People need to read between the lines.

I've seen other companies do things exclusively for black women too.............but nothing for black men.

There's a reason for that, but no one really wants to hear it.
People don't want to be seen as anti female empowerment....

You don't have to take away from female empowerment and support of our black women......To say where are things for black men outside of sports.

I've seen other companies do things exclusively for black women too.............but nothing for black men.

What’s the reason you feel?

You don't have to take away from female empowerment and support of our black women......To say where are things for black men outside of sports.

Ehhh , people have brought it up before. It gets ignored. At the end of the day, black women are out there working hard so they deserve their props.

Yall both gotta look at it as, successful black women is also success for black men

And the only downside would be the fear that the elevation in the financial potency of the black woman. Would mean that the black woman would pivot and begin dating non black men once they are on..

Mind you, this had become so prevalent with black men, once they reach financial potency that it had become a running joke. "When he get on, he leave your ass for a white girl"

I would say you two brothas should think of this in the terms of what Minister Farrakhan said about whites real fear of blacks..

He said their fear is that if we get to power, you fear it will lead to us doing to you what you did to us..

What’s the reason you feel?

It's nothing to take away from the ladies.......but this is a common, insidious tool of white supremacy.

Which is to oppress black men by seeming to uplift black women.

This causes some black men to resent black women for their success..........and makes some black women think they're better than black men as a result of being more successful than them.

Basically, divide and conquer to keep us at odds with each other so that we'll never truly advance as a whole.

Last edited:
Black women businesses matter...

But what about all black businesses??

Let them get their money y'all....

Nobody's saying they shouldn't.

But we can't ignore that fact that there aren't similar programs for black men.

He said their fear is that if we get to power, you fear it will lead to us doing to you what you did to us..

All true.

And this is probably one of the reasons why there aren't similar programs for black men.

They're not afraid of what black women will do if they get in power............they're afraid of what black men will do if they reach a certain level of power.

You are in their heads and expectations and underestimating the influence of the black woman to our culture.

You have the consider the starting point of the black woman in our society. Alot of black women hold the men that they date to the standard of what they feel like they themselves are worth having in a man. Alot of the men out here, hold themselves to the standard of the women they can obtain. And they only elevate when the conditions are necessary to meet the standards of the women they want.

Case in point, tricking used to be frowned upon..till the standard of what women expected of men elevated. Then its, it ain't tricking if you got it. Move away from the toxicness of that but toward the substance of the thought process involved.

As black women elevate and the professionalism and stability of their lives becomes more important. So to does the expectation that black men fit into that in order for them to obtain these women.

So to does the standard of what black men feel they need to adhere to elevates. As they elevate, so do we. From the outside looking it, it looks like the brash, alpha black man runs the community. No...it is the black woman. And "they"..underestimate her influence

We shouldnt

Yall both gotta look at it as, successful black women is also success for black men

And the only downside would be the fear that the elevation in the financial potency of the black woman. Would mean that the black woman would pivot and begin dating non black men once they are on..

Mind you, this had become so prevalent with black men, once they reach financial potency that it had become a running joke. "When he get on, he leave your ass for a white girl"

I would say you two brothas should think of this in the terms of what Minister Farrakhan said about whites real fear of blacks..

terrible analogy when speaking on me.

i do nothing but support black women in business and life more than you would ever understand.

ill leave it at that.

ill save the rest for another thread because this goes in many different directions.

All this complaining is very unmanly. Be a man, don't worry about the next persons advantages.

Back