Welcome To aBlackWeb

AMC - Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire (Season 2, 5/12)

Duwop

I'm the 3rd little piggy, imma fuck wit dem bricks
Mod Squad

So I was wondering why do much chatter about her was popping up on my feed....AMC just made a major deal to the rights of the entire chronicles and the Mayfair witch books.

Both Anne and her son Chris will be on board as executive producers.... And all plans seem to lead to the series and movies coming from the deal...

I think this could be a major major thing if done right.

If course as a fan of the novels this is the best news I ever heard....

But for the rest of the world..... Basically this is a series that really deals with the madness that comes from being immortal.

Lestat is one of the greatest characters of all time. He can be the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story.

I expect this to be their next big show following in the tradition of breaking bad, walking dead, sons of anarchy. And they prolly have the room for a super budget given the success of those shows....

I mean they pretty much said they want another hit that big, and this particular IP comes with 150 million fans to begin with..... This might be the biggest thing AMC has done thus far

I was wondering what happened with this. I saw some news about them developing the show for Hulu last year.

Not familiar with the source material much but I hope it ends up being good.

@Duwop do you think AMC is the right network for this since ur familiar with the source material or would it have been better served on a platform outside of network television where they don't have to worry as much about censorship(cussin, nudity etc)

HBO or a cable network would have included too much gay sex

Like these books gonna have to be HEAVILY HEAVILY vetted.... There's a lot of gay shit... And she has a thing with kids being treated as adults too.... Not in a good way...

Like on the witch books I think a 12 year old seduced a 40+ man because he could give her a taltos baby ( long story) an everybody treated him like he was the victim....

Like.... Naw.... If Mona Mayfair is in these shows.... She's gonna be 16-22 in the series....

Armand is also a child...but was played by Antonio Banderas in the movie... I'm thinking an adult should play him in this too... Cuz that little nigga stay doing adult shit..... He raped a few motherfuckers....

And he was doing all kinds of gay shit with grown ass men....

Like there's a number of reasons this show cannot be as graphic as the books.... I'm only talking about the gay and kid shit....

This nigga Armand chopped off Claudias head and put it on an adult body to see if it would take....

That visual never needs to make it to anybody's TV. And again... That's just treading the water

I was wondering what happened with this. I saw some news about them developing the show for Hulu last year.

Not familiar with the source material much but I hope it ends up being good.
Yeah AMC is a great home.

Anne been saying a lot lately that interview was technically a sequel....

So I'm crossing my fingers... But I'm praying for an Akasha origin story.

In my nerd mind, my dream job would be to write a thorough back story for that character.... If they really start back in time with the original vampires in ancient Egypt.... That shit gonna be crazy

Ok, so this is how vampires came to be in Anne Rice universe.....

Like 8,000 years ago Akasha was the undisputed queen of Egypt at like 16. Her husband was pretty much a goon that if a recall correctly tried to invade her land with a large army, but fell in love with her and just gave her his army.... Point being she was dumb powerful. She did what the fuck she wanted.

Well there were some witches... These two twin witches to be exact... They had a healthy command over different spirits that surfed the astral plain or whatever... But there was one who was a particularly nasty spirit Amel....Amel is a motherfucker. Later down the road you find out this nigga ain't even human.. He some other shit. He tried to take the world over before... Was killed, and this is really the story of his spirit.

So anyway... The twins lost their witch aunt and the way they believed you transfer a witch power is to cook her dead body then eat the shit....

Nasty right.... Akasha was like
:Pathetic:

If them dirty bitches eat their Aunt..... I'm killing everybody...

So the funeral went down... Akasha sent the goons...spirits intervened... Shit got crazy.

Akasha had one twin eyes ripped out for staring at her....

And the one who kept talking shit had her tongue ripped out...

The spirit Amel heard about the battle and went to the twins like...

:readyforwar:
"Bruh.... On your word...I will deal with this bitch Akasha.... Just say the word. I tried to tell y'all I gotta taste for human blood... Just say the word and let me do me"

The twin with no eyes was like naw nigga you bugging.... Chill. This bitch already did enough. She won. Chill bruh. I can't even see shit to throw it at you.

The one with no tongue was thinking like .....:hehe:
Do it my nigga.....

So Amel went after Akasha...I forget the details... But this nigga stabbed her like 60 something times and tried to drink her blood.... But that shit some how pulled him into her body transforming them both into the first vampire.

When she realized she was different she realized she was thirsty and just started drinking niggaz.

If course she thought she was a goddess... And pretty much acted that way until she lost the will to even do anything.

She realized she could lessen her thirst by making more vampires... Her husband was the first she made.
She had a baby son. But waited until he was a man to make him a vampire. She made some of her elite guards vampires. And she really was the strongest figure on the planet.

Over time one of her guards found the twins and made them vampires, cuz they knew they could stop her... But they couldn't without the blood... Cuz it made people stronger.

But essentially vampires ran the world for a couple thousand years. Akasha eventually lost her will to do anything and became a statue just due to sitting still for like 2,000 years not moving. Her King sat next to her refusing to move as well.

Vampires eventually realized that because even though they didn't move if you drank their blood you would get dumb strong... So they had to be hidden.

Well one day back in ancient Roman times... Like some 3,000 years later... The vampire who was keeping the total. Royal couple went mad and decided to push them into the desert and kill all vampires.

It killed most. Like 90%. But the rest were just burned to almost paralysis... Including the dummy who did it. Cuz he was too weak to move them. So mad vampires were getting burned every day for the whole length of the sun.

Well one found a nigga named Marius and told him he was gonna make him a vampire and he had to find the King and Queen and put them away somewhere and keep them safe.

He did it. And did it well for like 3,000 years or something until he met Lestat.

That's when the movies come in. They kinda mixed shit around. But no need to tell those stories

AMC got the rights to both the chronicles and the witches..

The witch books are solo... But after they end the jump into the vampire books for a few stories. It was the low point when they mixed. The show could right that

Screenshot_20200529-162309.png Screenshot_20200529-162733.png

HBO or a cable network would have included too much gay sex

Like these books gonna have to be HEAVILY HEAVILY vetted.... There's a lot of gay shit... And she has a thing with kids being treated as adults too.... Not in a good way...

Like on the witch books I think a 12 year old seduced a 40+ man because he could give her a taltos baby ( long story) an everybody treated him like he was the victim....

Like.... Naw.... If Mona Mayfair is in these shows.... She's gonna be 16-22 in the series....

Armand is also a child...but was played by Antonio Banderas in the movie... I'm thinking an adult should play him in this too... Cuz that little nigga stay doing adult shit..... He raped a few motherfuckers....

And he was doing all kinds of gay shit with grown ass men....

Like there's a number of reasons this show cannot be as graphic as the books.... I'm only talking about the gay and kid shit....

This nigga Armand chopped off Claudias head and put it on an adult body to see if it would take....

That visual never needs to make it to anybody's TV. And again... That's just treading the water
Nigga wtf

Nigga wtf
Yeah bruh.....

These books crazy.....

Anne wild as shit. She's very big in the gay community. Her son is gay. I read these books young, and to be honest... It helped me not be bothered by gay shit in real life. Just let them people be happy. Like her books ain't graphic on sex.... In fact her books never describe sex acts.... Mainly because she has a lane for erotica, and her vampires can't have traditional sex... Drinking blood is like sex for them. So the intimate parts always involved drinking someone's blood

I expect this to be their next big show following in the tradition of breaking bad, walking dead, sons of anarchy. And they prolly have the room for a super budget given the success of those shows....

I mean they pretty much said they want another hit that big, and this particular IP comes with 150 million fans to begin with..... This might be the biggest thing AMC has done thus far

SOA wasn't AMC.

Yeah bruh.....

These books crazy.....

Anne wild as shit. She's very big in the gay community. Her son is gay. I read these books young, and to be honest... It helped me not be bothered by gay shit in real life. Just let them people be happy. Like her books ain't graphic on sex.... In fact her books never describe sex acts.... Mainly because she has a lane for erotica, and her vampires can't have traditional sex... Drinking blood is like sex for them. So the intimate parts always involved drinking someone's blood
Good looking out slime
Tells me all I need to know

*unsubscribes from thread*

I was supposed to restart The Vampire Armand today. I forgot how hard it is for me to get through that book. This news has made me want to hurry up and finish the series.

I was supposed to restart The Vampire Armand today. I forgot how hard it is for me to get through that book. This news has made me want to hurry up and finish the series.
I normally skip that book....

Some shit you don't gotta read over. Armand the worst.

Like aside from him being the villain who killed Claudia... As I mentioned he decapitated her in an attempt to give her an adult body.

He raped Bianca. He raped someone else too I forget.

I NEVER want to read about the time him and Marius spent together ever again.

Also the way Marius did homie was terrible. The story of him and his siblings was sad as fuck.

His whole coven life was so frustrating considering he knew better... And how he blamed Lestat was wack as fuck.

However, I totally understand Lestat keeping him close in these recent books.... That nigga is 100% a killer. Like straight up n down. You need a hitter like that on your squad....I gotta feeling they going to war with Amel soon

Back