Welcome To aBlackWeb

Am i wrong?

Am i wrong for not wanting to host a party?

• Yeah bruh, you dead ass wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naw bruh, I'm with you. It's your day 🤷🏿‍♂️

Votes: 36 97.3%
  • I really don't give a fuck Du 🙄

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Honest question that might seem weird to some of yall. What is all this work that goes into yall "planning" a party?

For me I figure out day, time, food and drinks. What else is there really to do? Ain't no decorations and shit.

My momma did a surprise party for my daddy when he turned 40. He was just like you. I don't wanna fool with nobody.
But she went big time. Rented out a big event hall. I am surprised nobody said anything

He actually really enjoyed himself and his baby neice he basically raised who they hadn't seen each other in years came.

I’m surprised your wife is giving you shit for this but I guess since it’s a milestone birthday she wants ppl who care about you around as well

You would have a problem with friends keeping your surprise party from you, kinda shit is that
My sister and my niece would 100% tell me, and at least 3 other people for sure. They know in their hearts that I would look at them with utter hate if I saw them at a surprise party. Ain't no way they setting themselves up for that shit....

Imma just look at them disgusted
"How long you knew?"

The person the party is for shouldn't be worrying if the other people are cool, that's for the people who planned the party. If the guest of honor gotta make sure everything cool then I can see how you wouldn't want that

Honest question that might seem weird to some of yall. What is all this work that goes into yall "planning" a party?

For me I figure out day, time, food and drinks. What else is there really to do? Ain't no decorations and shit.

You make it sound so simple. But when you plan a real birthday party , this not a regular night out. You have to coordinate shit.

-make and send invitations( can be digital/evite is great)
-make sure you make reservations and or book the place. Even that is not a straight thing. Because you have to know how many people in your party so you need rsvps.
-is it just a dinner or something after the dinner.
-outfits
- even if you do a get together at the house or an event hall. You need to buy and cook food

Plus I have a horrible habit of leaving my parties early to go do something else....

If his woman or his family say they're planning a party odds are he's going to be involved in the planning and especially the hosting of it somehow.

If she's upset about it that makes it even worse because she prolly wanted to do something big. Contrast that with a nigga that don't want to be bothered..

I think I remember in one of them jada shitting on will threads that she lambasted him for going big on a party that she said she ain't want. So there's precedence it's not a good look.

Or something like that

21, we switched spots last minute and a bunch of old people from my job and family were mad cuz they had decorations n shit.... So I stayed like 20 minutes then left with my friends. Like the one dude from my job couldn't even leave with us cuz he wasn't 21 yet.... And I'm like who even invited this nigga, it's not even his birthday... Tell that nigga stay here with the old people.

Why him and his girl were like life long enemies of mines after that shit 🤦🏿‍♂️

Maybe he don’t wanna be around mad people and deal with cleaning up shit etc
Bruh.... It's annoying as shit....

I remember the wedding reception... Everybody wanna come take pictures with you, you gotta go to every fucking table. Man I got out of there so fast....

You make it sound so simple. But when you plan a real birthday party , this not a regular night out. You have to coordinate shit.

-make and send invitations( can be digital/evite is great)
-make sure you make reservations and or book the place. Even that is not a straight thing. Because you have to know how many people in your party so you need rsvps.
-is it just a dinner or something after the dinner.
-outfits
- even if you do a get together at the house or an event hall. You need to buy and cook food

Cause it is simple. People love to make simple shit difficult for whatever reason. The bold is the easiest thing of all. I'm a summer baby so maybe that's why I don't understand all this shit that makes planning a party so much work.

Send out texts we cooking out for the b-day(date & time) bring whatever bottles. To me that equals party planned (food, drinks, safe environment).

If his woman or his family say they're planning a party odds are he's going to be involved in the planning and especially the hosting of it somehow.

If she's upset about it that makes it even worse because she prolly wanted to do something big. Contrast that with a nigga that don't want to be bothered..

I think I remember in one of them jada shitting on will threads that she lambasted him for going big on a party that she said she ain't want. So there's precedence it's not a good look.

Or something like that

I still don't get all this work that folks talking about. Royal made a few points though. The shit is a party not a fucking wedding. Maybe I'm different I'd ignore all questions asked of me about a party I don't want.

If your family know you hate every damn party and they continue to try and throw you one you gotta check them on that

Cause it is simple. People love to make simple shit difficult for whatever reason. The bold is the easiest thing of all. I'm a summer baby so maybe that's why I don't understand all this shit that makes planning a party so much work.

Send out texts we cooking out for the b-day(date & time) bring whatever bottles. To me that equals party planned (food, drinks, safe environment).

Event Planning is a whole business. Even for the "simplest shit" people pay someone to do these things. I use to do it for all my friends and family.

I enjoy it putting together events and shit. So much fun.

Bruh.... It's annoying as shit....

I remember the wedding reception... Everybody wanna come take pictures with you, you gotta go to every fucking table. Man I got out of there so fast....

Now this shit is funny. I've been married for over 10 yrs and folks still talking about how fun our reception was. Played all music we wanted none of that traditional shit and no set for the older crowd. Our reception was a big ass formally dress night at the club/party. Had a fucking ball. Didn't mind taking the pics at each table. Got that shit out the way and just partied the night away after that.

Last edited:
Back