Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alternatives to playing Madden/NCAA Football

No thanks. Both 2K and EA sucks. Have not bought MAdden or 2K in years. Both franchises are trash and littered with micro-transactions and n improvements. We will never have it as good as the last NFL2K again. No college game will ever be made again either due to money issues. Same with Fight Night. EA is too greedy and so is 2K.
false

too many people care about playing with real teams which creates the need for the licensing in the first place

if you care about gameplay which should always be at the front them playing with generic teams shouldn't matter

if there was a custom editor that would be a bonus but it's not needed to have a great experience

if there just had to be some likenesses used, I would prefer the players association and at least you can have that

false

too many people care about playing with real teams which creates the need for the licensing in the first place

if you care about gameplay which should always be at the front them playing with generic teams shouldn't matter

if there was a custom editor that would be a bonus but it's not needed to have a great experience

if there just had to be some likenesses used, I would prefer the players association and at least you can have that
What part is false exactly?

false

2K tried that. They got the license to use the likeness of a bunch of NFL legends and had them on generic teams.

Must have flopped cuz I think they only made the one game.

C001C180-1440-4C83-A06F-9E54925E6AC3.jpeg

2K tried that. They got the license to use the likeness of a bunch of NFL legends and had them on generic teams.

Must have flopped cuz I think they only made the one game.

View attachment 248745
this game was ahead of its time

i admittedly was apart of the problem as I was one of the people who couldnt fathom playing a game without real teams until many years later...i kept seeing support for this game, found it at a gamestop for about 20 bucks and fell in love with it way after the lil hype it had died down

the problem is, b/c there has been such a huge gap with no true simulation experience, the sim players are a lot older now and the void has been filled by a ton of casual gamers, competitive gamers, and kids playing on mobile devices. I dont think there are enough sim guys to buy this and hurt EA's pockets if it were released with just the NFLPA...BUT an NFL licensed game definitely will make EA feel the pressure

I still got NCAA Football 2014 on the 360.

One of the best football games ever. Still play it from time to time

I’d take another NCAA game over madden or 2K any day.

They don’t need to cut a deal with current players just make a deal to use the schools.

Focus on the Gameplay and franchise mode and make recruiting fun.

Don’t know how online play would work with created teams though

this game was ahead of its time

i admittedly was apart of the problem as I was one of the people who couldnt fathom playing a game without real teams until many years later...i kept seeing support for this game, found it at a gamestop for about 20 bucks and fell in love with it way after the lil hype it had died down

the problem is, b/c there has been such a huge gap with no true simulation experience, the sim players are a lot older now and the void has been filled by a ton of casual gamers, competitive gamers, and kids playing on mobile devices. I dont think there are enough sim guys to buy this and hurt EA's pockets if it were released with just the NFLPA...BUT an NFL licensed game definitely will make EA feel the pressure
The way Rice ran his routes on that game was true to life

false

But nobody wants to play with generic teams the fun of sorts games is using your team and making them great.

I want ncaa back and now they can pay players but had to make enough

But nobody wants to play with generic teams the fun of sorts games is using your team and making them great.

I want ncaa back and now they can pay players but had to make enough
And this is why you only have Madden

Stop trying to cosplay and run some X's and o's

ap21 that’s corny af. You can go get nfl blitz and tecmo if you want tho
What's exactly corny? The fact you want to cosplay instead of actual strategize against the opponent?

Gameplay should ALWAYS be at the front. Aesthetics are a plus but the core functions of the game should be represented before anything else

Your example is bogus because I can play both arcade and simulation. They scratch different itches, however, I place the priority on simulation first

What's exactly corny? The fact you want to cosplay instead of actual strategize against the opponent?

Gameplay should ALWAYS be at the front. Aesthetics are a plus but the core functions of the game should be represented before anything else

Your example is bogus because I can play both arcade and simulation. They scratch different itches, however, I place the priority on simulation first

Ok AP it’s not that deep video games are a fantasy wanting to play as a college team playing other college teams is not a bad thing. I like headman and awards and playoffs with real teams. Like it’s just a jersey. It’s not fun to me playing with Ron Mexico. It’s a video game I’m not dressing up as Drew Brees so stop the cosplay comparison. I don’t care for you point any more

Ok AP it’s not that deep video games are a fantasy wanting to play as a college team playing other college teams is not a bad thing. I like headman and awards and playoffs with real teams. Like it’s just a jersey. It’s not fun to me playing with Ron Mexico. It’s a video game I’m not dressing up as Drew Brees so stop the cosplay comparison. I don’t care for you point any more
It's not deep to you because you don't care about the meat and potatoes and that's ok, but you getting sour because people with your attitude are the reason that games with generic teams won't prosper.

2k will never be able to make another not NFL licensed game because of this

Back