Welcome To aBlackWeb

All things HBCU related thread

It’s gonna be tough love for these HBCUs that hire the coaches.

These guys come from college(and pro) Universities that have higher standards, even down to the appearance of the campus.

I just hope that instead pushing back on Ed Reed’s legit criticisms, the campus community embraces them, and starts to make the necessary adjustments and improvements.

Although, I will wonder what‘a been going on at Tenn State, because we’ve haven’t heard much from Eddie George since he was hired there.

It’s gonna be tough love for these HBCUs that hire the coaches.

These guys come from college(and pro) Universities that have higher standards, even down to the appearance of the campus.

I just hope that instead pushing back on Ed Reed’s legit criticisms, the campus community embraces them, and starts to make the necessary adjustments and improvements.

Although, I will wonder what‘a been going on at Tenn State, because we’ve haven’t heard much from Eddie George since he was hired there.

Naw fucc dat...where's all them fake outrage muthafuccas who got mad Deion left JSU? Where's that energy at towards the shyt Reed pointing out? What they gonna do about this?

It shouldn't be the football coach's responsibility to help build a practice facility...have proper field for the players...or have the team picking up trash.

Maybe the reason why HBCU's haven't been able to compete for recruits has less to do with racism or money than it does with mismanagement at the universities? 👀

Any that want to be taken seriously on a big stage needs to operate as if they want to be on that stage. And doing so doesn’t mean a get rich quick scheme like having a former NFL player as coach or a top recruit, but a bottom’s up change in how the university athletics operates.

I love HBCU’s and all they stand for, but we not going to act like most aren’t an administrative nightmare.

Last edited:
I work in higher ed. Mismanagement of funds happens at PWIs too, but since HBCUs are already severely behind the 8 ball from a funding perspective, when administration fucks up the church’s money the results are a lot more catastrophic and noticeable.

Maybe the reason why HBCU's haven't been able to compete for recruits has less to do with racism or money than it does with mismanagement at the universities? 👀

Any that want to be taken seriously on a big stage needs to operate as if they want to be on that stage. And doing so doesn’t mean a get rick quick scheme like having a former NFL player as coach or a top recruit, but a bottom’s up change in how the university athletics operates.

I love HBCU’s and all they stand for, but we not going to act like most aren’t an administrative nightmare.

It's seems like it's been the ongoing issue wit some of these HBCU'S...mismanagement of funds. These administrators are shyt.

I work in higher ed. Mismanagement of funds happens at PWIs too, but since HBCUs are already severely behind the 8 ball from a funding perspective, when administration fucks up the church’s money the results are a lot more catastrophic and noticeable.
While that’s true, PWI’s mismanage funds above the basics needed to support the university. Playing with house money so to speak.

And HBCU’s have been thrown A LOT of money over the last decade or so. I think that excuse is starting to run out too.

And I wasn’t speaking so much to mismanagement of funds, but mismanagement of university operations. How a former NFL player show up to coach and you hadn’t cleaned out his office? How Deion have to setup facilities for the team?

More importantly, we shouldn’t use PWI’s as the bar. We should be better because it’s for our people.

as someone who attended an hbcu...nca&t. I can honestly say dude did was straight clown shit. Glad they got rid of him. No more celebrity hiring like that..Get dudes that have actual coaching experience.

Last edited:
Back