Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alicia Keys Posts Pic of a "Real" Body, Twitter Goes In

/thread

Selective uplifting is not uplifting at all, why people feel like they need to put down one thing to up something else is beyond me.
I agree with this. My point was how did her saying real bodies = gorgeous be taking as fake bodies or enhanced bodies aren't / = bad. Tyrese stated his asinine comments to the point of no doubt or chance of being misconstrued. He blatantly said he's against women who get surgery to enhance their bodies .The outrage of her comment is mostly because of assumptions. I would need her to clarify if she was putting down "fake bodies" Showing admiration for something does not automatically mean you despise the next.

Saying black lives matter don't mean other lives don't, saying black is beautful doesn't mean other races are ugly, saying my natural hair is beautiful doesn't mean relaxed hair isn't, saying brown eyes are gorgeous don't mean green eyes isn't. Because she shouted out or showed admiration for "real bodies"( whatever she means by that) people dragging her.

I agree with this. My point was how did her saying real bodies = gorgeous be taking as fake bodies or enhanced bodies aren't / = bad. Tyrese stated his asinine comments to the point of no doubt or chance of being misconstrued. He blatantly said he's against women who get surgery to enhance their bodies .The outrage of her comment is mostly because of assumptions. I would need her to clarify if she was putting down "fake bodies" Showing admiration for something does not automatically mean you despise the next.

Saying black lives matter don't mean other lives don't, saying black is beautful doesn't mean other races are ugly, saying my natural hair is beautiful doesn't mean relaxed hair isn't, saying brown eyes are gorgeous don't mean green eyes isn't. Because she shouted out or showed admiration for "real bodies"( whatever she means by that) people dragging her.
But why did she use a heavily retouched pic of Marilyn Monroe, a woman known for having had plastic surgery to jump start her career? Even her name was manufactured n she openly admitted to being a hollywood construction. If real = natural, the example she used doesn't even fall under that.

Like I said, I get the sentiment n I'm sure she meant well but it falls flat.

Still searching for the part where she put down anyone. This reach is on Go Go Gadget arms status.

But why did she use a heavily retouched pic of Marilyn Monroe, a woman known for having had plastic surgery to jump start her career? Even her name was manufactured n she openly admitted to being a hollywood construction. If real = natural, the example she used doesn't even fall under that.

Like I said, I get the sentiment n I'm sure she meant well but it falls flat.
The bolded. That's the problem, no one knows what she meant by real. If she would have said "natural bodies" and posted that painting of Marilyn it would been a flat out contradiction .

So you gon drop this post all willy nilly huh

This.......
What, y'all want an announcement?
Well ok then..
giphy.gif

Lol

And Happy Easter :)

Back