Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alicia Keys Posts Pic of a "Real" Body, Twitter Goes In

LOL.
I get what she meant, but somehow, someway, ppl find negativity in anything. I guess she was supposed to say "all bodies = gorgeous". So sick of these wanna be a victim face ass mfs.
the "real women have curves" movement is tired as well tho.

all the body acceptance mantras mean well but placin 1 body type as the standard rarely flies.

folks obsession with Monroe be annoying too

least she had a positive message anyhow

all the body acceptance mantras mean well but placin 1 body type as the standard rarely flies.

I feel as tho she wasn't excluding or saying one body type is better than any other. Like I was saying, folks will pick away at just about anything and im over it.

I feel as tho she wasn't excluding or saying one body type is better than any other. Like I was saying, folks will pick away at just about anything and im over it.
true she wasn't. i think ppl are reacting in that way cuz there was a period where "real women have curves" was used fairly often on social media. sayin "real women"/"real bodies" prolly hits that trigger.

Alicia keys just annoys me.

She could tweet "It's a beautiful day today" and I would still feel like throwing a brick at her throat.

I'm perplexed how all this came from real bodies = gorgeous. People just adding all these extra ass ingredients to the pot. She didn't say curvy, fat, slim, skinny, fit.... but real. True enough she put a picture of a curvy Monroe, but would this be taking any different if she put Lupita or Monique? Somebody would have been offended either way. Hell if she would have posted a pic of herself, people would say she's being narcissistic or that her body is fake.

/thread

Selective uplifting is not uplifting at all, why people feel like they need to put down one thing to up something else is beyond me.

Back