Welcome To aBlackWeb

Akademiks Claims Jay-Z Uses "Black-Owned" As A "Bait & Switch" Business Move

I wanna make sure I'm caught up.

So basically, Billionaires have no real power, especially black ones, because the white ones dont let them have anything.Jay is just a small fish in a giant ocean, so he cant really do anything. And finally Tidals failure was 100% black peoples fault because, we're haters and dont support other black people.

Anything I leave out?

I wanna make sure I'm caught up.

So basically, Billionaires have no real power, especially black ones, because the white ones dont let them have anything.Jay is just a small fish in a giant ocean, so he cant really do anything. And finally Tidals failure was 100% black peoples fault because, we're haters and dont support other black people.

Anything I leave out?

Yes, Jay-z is going to buy an nfl team. That is what all stuff he did about Kaep and Roc Nation and the halftime show was all about.

Never forget we're past kneeling!

like i said that's a great flip but personally I'd rather be a black owned streaming site and pay the cost

Like if Rihanna sells fenty for a bag i think that aint it. I'd rather she grows her empire and ownership legacy

@DOS_patos don't you think it would've been doper if those 16 artists kept tidal, formed an official ownership group and told the world we're coming to buy more shit, instead of sell sell sell for quick cash that they already have?

like i said that's a great flip but personally I'd rather be a black owned streaming site and pay the cost

Like if Rihanna sells fenty for a bag i think that aint it. I'd rather she grows her empire and ownership legacy

She def needs to keep that.

@DOS_patos don't you think it would've been doper if those 16 artists kept tidal, formed an official ownership group and told the world we're coming to buy more shit, instead of sell sell sell for quick cash that they already have?
I need to read up on this more before I answer

It's unfair af to put that on Jay-Z. Especially given the amount of opportunities he's provided and also created unconsciously, whether through Tidal, Rocafella, RocNation or even by influencing people to start labels, clothing lines or other enterprising endeavors.

We're harder on our own for the wrong reasons. We don't hold white businesses or corporations to the same standards. Black people be quick to attack our own but let the white man off. If Jay-Z wasn't doing shit for the community I could understand but this aint it.
Thats because we already assume and know white corporations are full of shit, but we hold people we came from poverty (especially POC) that are now in positions of power to higher standards. They experienced first hand the shit capitalists do, so we expect them not to be on the same bullshit.

Why do we only equate ownership with 100%? Y’all do know Rihanna only owns 15% of Fenty Beauty right?
I honestly didn't but I had a very very very small feeling she didn't just create it from dirt either. Would've been dope for her to own it outright or be a majority owner

To me, outright owning and having a stake in ownership are vastly different.

It's unfair af to put that on Jay-Z. Especially given the amount of opportunities he's provided and also created unconsciously, whether through Tidal, Rocafella, RocNation or even by influencing people to start labels, clothing lines or other enterprising endeavors.

We're harder on our own for the wrong reasons. We don't hold white businesses or corporations to the same standards. Black people be quick to attack our own but let the white man off. If Jay-Z wasn't doing shit for the community I could understand but this aint it.

Are we supposed to expect anything from rich white people though? Again we expect certain things from black people that we don’t expect from others. And every race does this

Back