Welcome To aBlackWeb

Akademiks Claims Jay-Z Uses "Black-Owned" As A "Bait & Switch" Business Move

Are there any other black owned companies like Square that wanted to buy Tidal?

Is he supposed to keep a company if he continues to lose money on it?

I don't have a problem with Jay Z doing business, I have a problem with Jay Z using Black people as part of his business strategy.

If Jay Z got some a company that isn't doing well he'll invoke the Black Struggle, when the reality is, he is doing bad business. When shit is going well he don't talk about Black this, Black that at all.

50 Cent don't go around invoking the Black Struggle, he'll do his troll thing online for the shit he owns or marketing.

Jay Z can do what he wants but people peep game after the NFL situation with the half-time show and Kaep. This motherfucker don't care about shit other than himself and will openly contradict himself if it makes him money or get him in the room. But we have to remember he's a drug dealer and his entire career is about his come up.

All true.

Simply because he sold every business he ever had except Roc Nation.

Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually sells that too.

Can't sell Roc Nation when it is half owned by Live Nation and they run all the business for you.

Same with Roc Sports being a half-owned by CAA.

Jay Z got the big boys running his shit and he just the face of it. Which is a great set up, because you don't have to do anything. You give all your day ones jobs that they can't fuck up. You get to act like the boss, when you really not. You get all the credit when shit is booming. Artists and athletes sign up with you because they like you.

Jay Z is basically a partnered in middle man.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with Jay Z doing business, I have a problem with Jay Z using Black people as part of his business strategy.

If Jay Z got some a company that isn't doing well he'll invoke the Black Struggle, when the reality is, he is doing bad business.
When shit is going well he don't talk about Black this, Black that at all.

@ the 1st bolded...Is it really "using" or simply selling?....he marketed and sold a product to his community first....then expanded to other markets/communities....

2nd bolded....although the struggle is different, is it still not a black struggle when you are that high up....I mean he is still black with a lot of money white folks never wanted him to have in the first place...and where is the bad business when it comes to Tidal?...from what I've heard alot of people like it both as a consumer and artist.

@ the 1st bolded...Is it really "using" or simply selling?....he marketed and sold a product to his community first....then expanded to other markets/communities....

2nd bolded....although the struggle is different, is it still not a black struggle when you are that high up....I mean he is still black with a lot of money white folks never wanted him to have in the first place...and where is the bad business when it comes to Tidal?...from what I've heard alot of people like it both as a consumer and artist.

It's using, he isn't selling, he's using. He isn't opposition to White capitalists or White people. He's friends with White capitalists. He has no problem with White people. It's fake revolutionary posturing that he's done his entire career to sell himself as some type of aspirational figure, going against the establishment when he been trying to become establishment his entire life. It's annoying and predatory. He needs to stop exploiting the poverty of Black folks and the thirstiness Black people have for rich Black people.

Like, Jay Z has been interviewed on Oprah and Forbes. He was made CEO of Def Jam. White people have treated Jay Z and his pockets very well. In what world does the White establishment reject Jay Z? In what world does a famous Black person with millions of dollars is struggling with being Black? You may have had to struggle to get it, but once you get it, you are part of the club. What's the struggle, rich White people talk behind your back when you show up to the country club? Boo-hoo.

Tidal has been going bad since the beginning of his majority ownership, when he did his tone deaf launch party when all his rich artist friends like Nicki Minaj, Madonna and Rihanna signed their ownership contracts into Tidal and had the nerve to charge more than Spotify, stating their streaming rates are better and artists deserve to make more money. Today, Tidal is completely dominated by Spotify despite having superior streaming rates. Tidal has been surpassed by Apple Music. Soundcloud is bigger than Tidal. YouTube Music is bigger than Tidal.

Nobody cares about artists' and their royalties as most people don't receive residual wages from their labor. What people care about is cheap, audio services with a good user experience that comes with exclusives. Tidal isn't cheap or as user friendly as its competitors. He really thought the plight of multi-millionaire artists was a selling point of his service because that's what Black audiences care about when it comes to Black artists due to being a poor and disadvantaged population.

So now he is selling his majority to the Twitter guy, which is what he probably needs to do as most of his successful ventures post-Rocafella are 50/50 partnerships where he is just the face and an subject matter expert runs his shit. He sold a third to Sprint already. The man had the biggest artists in the world in his back pocket and somehow the competition lapped him.

Last edited:
It's using, he isn't selling, he's using. He isn't opposition to White capitalists or White people. He's friends with White capitalists. He has no problem with White people. It's fake revolutionary posturing that he's done his entire career to sell himself as some type of aspirational figure, going against the establishment when he been trying to become establishment his entire life. It's annoying and predatory. He needs to stop exploiting the poverty of Black folks and the thirstiness Black people have for rich Black people.

Like, Jay Z has been interviewed on Oprah and Forbes. He was made CEO of Def Jam. White people have treated Jay Z and his pockets very well. In what world does the White establishment reject Jay Z? In what world does a famous Black person with millions of dollars is struggling with being Black? You may have had to struggle to get it, but once you get it, you are part of the club. What's the struggle, rich White people talk behind your back when you show up to the country club? Boo-hoo.

Tidal has been going bad since the beginning of his majority ownership, when he did his tone deaf launch party when all his rich artist friends like Nicki Minaj, Madonna and Rihanna signed their ownership contracts into Tidal and had the nerve to charge more than Spotify, stating their streaming rates are better and artists deserve to make more money. Today, Tidal is completely dominated by Spotify despite having superior streaming rates. Tidal has been surpassed by Apple Music. Soundcloud is bigger than Tidal. YouTube Music is bigger than Tidal.

Nobody cares about artists' and their royalties as most people don't receive residual wages from their labor. What people care about is cheap, audio services with a good user experience that comes with exclusives. Tidal isn't cheap or as user friendly as its competitors. He really thought the plight of multi-millionaire artists was a selling point of his service because that's what Black audiences care about when it comes to Black artists due to being a poor and disadvantaged population.

So now he is selling his majority to the Twitter guy, which is what he probably needs to do as most of his successful ventures post-Rocafella are 50/50 partnerships where he is just the face and an subject matter expert runs his shit. He sold a third to Sprint already. The man had the biggest artists in the world in his back pocket and somehow the competition lapped him.
Wait so you saying Jay is like Ronald McDonald, he’s only the face of most of the businesses he’s rumored to own ??

Wait so you saying Jay is like Ronald McDonald, he’s only the face of most of the businesses he’s rumored to own ??
Its not just him tbh. A few others have arrangements like that. Diddy been stomping around for years acting like hes the sole owner of Revolt, and preaching that "we need our own shit", but never mentions that he owns, at most a 3rd of Revolt. The rest is owned by the two white guys that mostly stay in the shadows. Also Oprahs OWN network, was started with help from Discovery, and she sold most of it back to them.

Jay Z a black man moving in white man spaces and all we got is “That’s not how he’s supposed to move”, as if y’all have any idea.

Every time I see an artist on stage with 20 niggas I think damn, that’s 20 niggas he got to take care of or else they’d pick him apart.

Every black person in a rare space got 40 million niggas on stage behind them and he got to take care of every one of them or else he’s picked apart.

Jay Z a black man moving in white man spaces and all we got is “That’s not how he’s supposed to move”, as if y’all have any idea.
FYM "as if yall have any idea". We dont need to be rich to know not to do goofy sell out shit. Kap got fired and black balled over dumb shit and Jayz wants a pat on the back cuz years later he made sure those same white people that fired Kap, promised to look at his resume this time, before they threw it in the trash. Then he signed a deal with those same racist white people. And to top it off, this was all after he's gunna rap "we dont need the NFL they need us". You gunna tell me he had to do that cuz it was the only way?

This what i dont understand. Certain black people preach about change but, say they're powerless cuz they're only thousandaires. We agree with them then they become a millionaires, say the same shit. Their networth grows to tens of millions, hundreds of millions and still act like they're powerless pawns in white America. How much longer yall gunna keep believing these wealthy black entertainers, when they claim they're powerless to bring real change, when the reality is they clearly dont really care.

If you've got hundreds of millions of dollars and still somehow powerless, you'll always be powerless no matter how much more money you make.

Last edited:
FYM "as if yall have any idea". We dont need to be rich to know not to do goofy sell out shit. Kap got fired and black balled over dumb shit and Jayz wants a pat on the back cuz years later he made sure those same white people that fired Kap, promised to look at his resume this time, before they threw it in the trash. Then he signed a deal with those same racist white people. And to top it off, this was all after he's gunna rap "we dont need the NFL they need us". You gunna tell me he had to do that cuz it was the only way?

This what i dont understand. Certain black people preach about change but, say they're powerless cuz they're only thousandaires. We agree with them then they become a millionaires, say the same shit. Their networth grows to tens of millions, hundreds of millions and still act like they're powerless pawns in white America. How much longer yall gunna keep believing these wealthy black entertainers, when they claim they're powerless to bring real change, when the reality is they clearly dont really care.

If you're hundreds of millions of dollars and still powerless, you'll always be powerless no matter how much more money you make.

How much power does a black billionaire have in a room full of billionaires?

This thread is just

Cant win for losing

cuz he has white friendships?
Could it be networking?

you get to a certain level and it’s not many of us. So we supposed to stop trying to grow?

Y’all are really clueless on how this world works. Real talk.

awhile ago a nigga argued me down saying business is not for everyone. Jeezus this thread is proving him right.

I mean so saying he made tidal fir the artists and we should support black business that we did support and he sold it to white people. Like you really don’t see his pro black stances as just for the money? You think he is sincere? This ain’t about growth this is hypocrisy

I mean so saying he made tidal fir the artists and we should support black business that we did support and he sold it to white people. Like you really don’t see his pro black stances as just for the money? You think he is sincere? This ain’t about growth this is hypocrisy

i remember when tidal came out and nggas on the ic streets were makin excuses for why apple music/spotify was more worth it

fast forward to now it gets sold to white people.

NOONE in has tidal - so why complain about who he sold it to?

if he's a coon for the nfl shit - fair enough, but y'all gotta atleast be supporting the businesses he's selling before expecting him to keep it 'for the culture'

i remember when tidal came out and nggas on the ic streets were makin excuses for why apple music/spotify was more worth it

if he's a coon for the nfl shit - fair enough, but y'all gotta atleast be supporting the businesses he's selling before expecting him to keep it 'for the culture'
FACTS.

and for the record Tidal is superior to Spotify and Apple Music in every way besides the price point

I thought mad folks had tidal but earlier in thread they say it wasn’t the best. But was he losing money? Idk

I thought mad folks had tidal but earlier in thread they say it wasn’t the best. But was he losing money? Idk

Yet you in here criticizing him for selling something he might be losing money on!!!

source.gif

Back