Welcome To aBlackWeb

AFC Championship: Kansas City beezy on suicide watch Chiefs v. New England Patriots

Who You Got

• Total voters
I think the point is that they always have an easy path to playoffs because thier division is not competitive.

While that is true, I will say...bias aside that the Pats success is largely due to Palpatine.
The way he schemes and gameplans is second to none....as talent deficient as his teams have been recently they execute thier gameplans damn near flawlessly in the playoffs.

They are a damn good football TEAM.

The division being so weak benefited them great this year.

They ended the year playing buffalo and Miami and that got them the bye week they needed.

I don't see them in the superbowl if they play in the division round

The AFC east is the only div where who gonna win isnt up for debate.

Every other div has at least two really good competitve teams

AFC east aint been that...and it def contributes to the Pats success bruh

To say other wise is disingenuous

MF, where did I say otherwise?

6 gotdamn wins (which they didn't get every year), ain't getting you in the playoffs.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-win-same-rate-vs-rest-nfl-they-do-vs-afc-east

That's my fucking point.

Pats ain't just been shitting on the weak AFC East for the past 18 years. They been shitting on the entire NFL.

Since 2003

vs. AFC East: 71-19

vs. the rest: 118-32

Y’all both right. Pats have been spectacularly good vs non division opponents in reg season but they still benefit greatly from a weak division.

Only having to win two home games most seasons to get to Super Bowl Sunday is much easier than potentially having to win three games if you’re a wildcard or 1 at home then an AFC title game on road. Now they proven they can do it yesterday and I think they beat Pitt on the road for a AFC title in the mid 00’s. Shit just look at their postseason record vs Peyton alone when on the road. Manning won when he was home, Brady when he’s at Gillette.

Now could they have made all those same SB’s if the playoff path was diff, it’s quite possible. But we do know they’re more vulnerable on the road in postseason. Iirc only the Ravens beat them at the crib in the postseason during this run.

Back