Welcome To aBlackWeb

Actress Mo'Nique Suing Netflix for Race, Gender Discrimination

I don’t mean it in a negative way but it’s hilarious that she says Netflix is racist
Women and minorities are over represented on netflix? How does the thought cross your mind that theres too much minorities and women on Netflix? Too many shows targeted at minorites and women, you mean? As opposed to what exactly?

Oscar-winning actress and comedian Mo'Nique sued Netflix on Thursday, accusing the streaming giant of racial and gender discrimination by trying to drastically underpay her for a stand-up special after offering other stars tens of millions of dollars.

The suit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court accuses Netflix of giving a “biased, discriminatory” offer to Mo'Nique for a one-hour comedy special around November 2017.

In the 39-page filing, Mo’Nique calls out everyone from the top executives of the Netflix management team to highlighting the gender wage gap and lack of diversity in Hollywood.

“Despite Mo'Nique’s extensive résumé, when presented with an opportunity to do an exclusive stand-up comedy special for Netflix, she was given a low-ball offer that was only a fraction of what Netflix paid other comedians,” according to the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages and was filed on her behalf by attorneys at the deRubertis Law Firm, APC and Schimmel & Parks, APLC.

She jus wont let this go.

I thought they never even approached her and she approached them
Yea, she approached them.

To be fair, a few years ago Wanda Sykes was supposed to do a special for Netflix and they lowballed her. She took her talents to epix and dropped a special there. She just did a special that came out on netflix a few months ago, which I'm sure was for a bigger bag.

This is what monique coulda did. Work only recognize work.

I've been listening to podcasts from comedians for years and Wanda's story isnt that unique. It's getting more common now with comedians who can afford it. Over the last few years I've heard quite a few comedians talk about how they tried to pitch a special to Netflix and other companies, only to be told they arnt interested. So they shot their own special, edited it & they shopped it to Netflix again & they bought it for a good price.

I dont know a lot about Monique, but its really starting to seem like her and her husband are fucking up their own money.

Women and minorities are over represented on netflix? How does the thought cross your mind that theres too much minorities and women on Netflix? Too many shows targeted at minorites and women, you mean? As opposed to what exactly?
Side note, ion care if you are white and or latino, asian or what ever..but I hope ur not black
what are you crying over b. How much gay shit do they have and present. You would think that gays were a bigger population and the norm. Same with other minorities. Why you being emotional right now?

what are you crying over b. How much gay shit do they have and present. You would think that gays were a bigger population and the norm. Same with other minorities. Why you being emotional right now?
Who said anything about gay people? Do..do you consider gay people minorities?

There are hardly any latino shows, hardly any indian shows, hardly any middle eastern shows. Theres a ton of asian shows cause the Asian population is larger than the American population and they watch Netflix in asia too.

I'm not getting what ur saying

Who said anything about gay people? Do..do you consider gay people minorities?

There are hardly any latino shows, hardly any indian shows, hardly any middle eastern shows. Theres a ton of asian shows cause the Asian population is larger than the American population and they watch Netflix in asia too.

I'm not getting what ur saying
What do you mean hardly? There’s a lot of Indian and Latina shows on Netflix. Middle eastern I don’t know or care. It’s an American company. I would hope they would push out American content the most

Bruh what are you talking about? How can’t you be both
What do you mean hardly? There’s a lot of Indian and Latina shows on Netflix. Middle eastern I don’t know or care. It’s an American company. I would hope they would push out American content the most

Netflix's catalog is based on who watches Netflix the most and where the most subs are. It would be anti capitalism to be nationalist and purposely avoid making the most profit possible to due to nationalistic loyalties

Netflix's catalog is based on who watches Netflix the most and where the most subs are. It would be anti capitalism to be nationalist and purposely avoid making the most profit possible to due to nationalistic loyalties
That makes no sense. So it’s anti capitalist for a company like new balance to manufacture their products in America when it more cost affective to off source the work? And I’ll check viewership demographics for Netflix when I get the chance

• 137.1 million Netflix users as of Q3 2018, 57% of which are international
  • 51% of US streaming subscriptions are to Netflix
  • 9.1 million UK Netflix subscribers have helped streaming services overtake traditional television providers
  • In the US, there is gender parity in the Netflix subscriber base
  • Netflix demographics mirror overall US population in terms of wealth, education, and age
  • Netflix itself assigns users to three to five of 1,300 ‘clusters’, based on their viewing preferences
  • 23 languages are currently supported by Netflix
  • Mexican Netflix subscribers are the most likely to log on every day
But let's make less money by force feeding everyone american content in English, it's what Reagan wouldve wanted

I would really like to know Wanda Sykes original offer before I'd call it a lowball offer?

Wanda Sykes name wasn't ringing bells for years before she negotiated with netflix. I respect that she PROVED to netflix that she deserved more than that original offer and got it.

Back