Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ablackweb.com

speak on it bruh...

preach to em
The thing that other big forums such as boxden and coli does is that they make a new thread for every discussion, which is why they have a lot of traffic.

For example the tekashi thread has had a lot of new topics but they get ignored because everything gets put in the same thread.

Nobody is trying to read through 52 pages to find out that Akon is being a sellout.

But if it was a thread of its own it would have a discussion.

Just saw someone bump an old lizzo thread and there's a new topic in there, but its gets drowed out because there's too many pages to read.

Most peoples attention span is about 3 pages tops.
Notice the participation on the last pages.

A lot of great things have happened surrounding blm in the past few weeks, but its all bundled in one thread so people miss out on the good news.

Just saying don't merge everything in one thread and let topics be on their own even though its about the same person/artist.

That way if someone googles a topic for instance "Street leading to white house is renamed black lives matter street" they will instantly come to this website instead of it not showing at all or being redirected to a thread with 500 pages of different topics.

Just my two cents.

The thing that other big forums such as boxden and coli does is that they make a new thread for every discussion, which is why they have a lot of traffic.

For example the tekashi thread has had a lot of new topics but they get ignored because everything gets put in the same thread.

Nobody is trying to read through 52 pages to find out that Akon is being a sellout.

Just saw someone bump an old lizzo thread and there's a new topic in there, but its gets drowed out because there's too many pages to read.

A lot of great things have happened surrounding blm in the past few weeks, but its all bundled in one thread so people miss out on the good news.

Just saying don't merge everything in one thread and let topics be on their own even though its about the same person/artist.

That way if someone googles a topic for instance "Street leading to white house is renamed black lives matter street" they will instantly come to this website instead of it not showing at all or being redirected to a thread with 500 pages of different topics.

Just my two cents.
This is a perspective

I see the point you're trying to make but disagree with some parts

You never know which threads are going to explode

For the most part, the threads stay on topic with the occasional derail. But that lizzo thread is mostly about the original topic that the thread was created for. It was just updated to add her video about her weight loss.

Could it have been a separate thread? Maybe. But we have more threads being created on a daily basis than ever before still with room for improvement.

The issue is the same people are making the bulk of the threads. People coming into threads complaining about what the thread is about but have made less than 10 threads in two years.

I agree about the tekashi thread but again, it's original premise was to capture everything that was going on with his trial then turned into what happened once he got out?

I think it's a matter of preference. Some people have been in the thread since it was made and have no issue jumping straight to the latest post.

Others might find it overwhelming if they are just looking it at for the first time and others, despite if there was a trial thread and post release thread weren't gonna check for it anyway no matter how spread out the content was across threads.

At this point, if everyone brought at least one person, that's a start but there are some that choose to keep this separate from their real life and for the most part, those aren't the ones always complaining about threads, lack of females, etc...

We as a community have to do better with member engagement once someone signs up instead of activating old IC habits and trying to get a female to post a pic 5 secs after she signs up. Dudes claim they bag all kinds of chicks irl but be desert thirsty if a new female appears to have signed up.

And when you see clown shit going on, check the clown shit and stop waiting for mods to do everything. Sometimes people gotta police themselves and each other.

Just my two cents.
i mentioned something similar but you articulated it waaaay better than i could.

This is a perspective

For the most part, the threads stay on topic with the occasional derail. But that lizzo thread is mostly about the original topic that the thread was created for. It was just updated to add her video about her weight loss.

Could it have been a separate thread? Maybe. But we have more threads being created on a daily basis than ever before still with room for improvement.

The issue is the same people are making the bulk of the threads. People coming into threads complaining about what the thread is about but have made less than 10 threads in two years.

I agree about the tekashi thread but again, it's original premise was to capture everything that was going on with his trial then turned into what happened once he got out?

I think it's a matter of preference. Some people have been in the thread since it was made and have no issue jumping straight to the latest post.

Others might find it overwhelming if they are just looking it at for the first time and others, despite if there was a trial thread and post release thread weren't gonna check for it anyway no matter how spread out the content was across threads.

At this point, if everyone brought at least one person, that's a start but there are some that choose to keep this separate from their real life and for the most part, those aren't the ones always complaining about threads, lack of females, etc...

We as a community have to do better with member engagement once someone signs up instead of activating old IC habits and trying to get a female to post a pic 5 secs after she signs up. Dudes claim they bag all kinds of chicks irl but be desert thirsty if a new female appears to have signed up.

And when you see clown shit going on, check the clown shit and stop waiting for mods to do everything. Sometimes people gotta police themselves and each other.
so yall defunding the mods?

This is a perspective

I agree, there's a lot of clowns chasing away females and I never understood it.
Low key suspect to be honest.

We need more female presence.

I'll try to get more black posters to sign up and I've seen on other sites that they're looking for a place to post without white trolls present.

I think if everyone made atleast one thread then the activity would go up. But as you said, some people don't contribute to making threads, maybe their scared it will flop lol.

Other than that I gotta give y'all big props for the site.
One of the best forums out there.

I agree, there's a lot of clowns chasing away females and I never understood it.
Low key suspect to be honest.

We need more female presence.

I'll try to get more black posters to sign up and I've seen on other sites that they're looking for a place to post without white trolls present.

I think if everyone made atleast one thread then the activity would go up. But as you said, some people don't contribute to making threads, maybe their scared it will flop lol.

Other than that I gotta give y'all big props for the site.
One of the best forums out there.
i think comes to the trolls and people clowning.

i read quite a few times that people want to make threads but didnt.

its not encouraged.
and i refuse to believe that with all these people we all think and like the same shit.
and we need to get rid of the black trolls too.......shit stays derailing threads.

I've always said the off topic thread needs to be abolished. How many thread topics are in there that should be made into it's own thread. I don't know why y'all fight to keep that thread alive
im sure you've noticed that the activity in there over the past 2-3 weeks has come to a crawl. Probably due to the unfortunate events of George Floyd but still.

hell even Deadeye mentioned that he finally has a chance to catch up b/c its not being updated every 5 secs

Just yesterday, i took dubbz post about the 4 animals along with all the replies and made it a thread.

I've been redirecting a lot of cinema related posts as well, but then dont post what you just posted then get all aggy about mods modding when it happens.

I've always said the off topic thread needs to be abolished. How many thread topics are in there that should be made into it's own thread. I don't know why y'all fight to keep that thread alive
Cuz niggaz hate being modded.

Niggaz get side tracked and derail threads an when moderators step in, it's mayhem

The off topic thread always been a passive alternative to heavy moderation on threads staying on topic

i think comes to the trolls and people clowning.

i read quite a few times that people want to make threads but didnt.

its not encouraged.
and i refuse to believe that with all these people we all think and like the same shit.
and we need to get rid of the black trolls too.......shit stays derailing threads.
false

@Chicity at one point was giving people ABW bucks if threads went past certain pages. The store is always a work in progress trying to find things that people would be interested in using the ABW money for, but thats for another thread, but my point is, some people dont care about fake money so its really not an incentive for them to create a thread.

Some people, believe it or not, were just born to complain about everything and offer no solutions along the way.

im sure you've noticed that the activity in there over the past 2-3 weeks has come to a crawl. Probably due to the unfortunate events of George Floyd but still.

hell even Deadeye mentioned that he finally has a chance to catch up b/c its not being updated every 5 secs

Just yesterday, i took dubbz post about the 4 animals along with all the replies and made it a thread.

I've been redirecting a lot of cinema related posts as well, but then dont post what you just posted then get all aggy about mods modding when it happens.
Lol I was wondering why the animal thread had so many replies in a short time.

I do think more people making more threads will help traffic.

However you have to understand the culture of this site as a whole.

We like long threads. Long threads create a sense of pride in this weird micro-section of the internet. I definitely want more members, but I don't want to change the identity of the site. Because what's unique about this place has to be what keeps them here

We like long threads. Long threads create a sense of pride in this weird micro-section of the internet. I definitely want more members, but I don't want to change the identity of the site. Because what's unique about this place has to be what keeps them here
i feel what Busta was saying tho

that could also lead to people like "mybytch" who borderline spams b/c they make threads for EVERYTHING but its not to the point where it's overwhelming or breaking any rules.

but they are the exception to the rule

Her threads get roasted to oblivion...
As do any social media hyper who tries to drop topic thread and just dip....

I mean, like with mybytch....I was like let it ride cuz we want people to feel comfortable using this as a black business hub...

But if they not engaging in these threads... They're not typically received well and the comments make us look like a troll site...

Where as the longer threads.... More times than not there is a conversation going on... And jumping into one of those conversations mid heat would be the perfect springboard for a new member.

If you ready to read thru 10+ pages and still wanna comment...I think you'll likely be a keeper at abw

But if you can't go more than 3-4 pages before losing interest... Then they just gonna make an account and dip...

People don't want long threads. I'm against the tv section combining all seasons of a show into one thread. You go to other sites and it's a thread for every season.

That thread just a crutch for people who be saying they afraid of having a thread flop, time to push them in the deep end.

false

@Chicity at one point was giving people ABW bucks if threads went past certain pages. The store is always a work in progress trying to find things that people would be interested in using the ABW money for, but thats for another thread, but my point is, some people dont care about fake money so its really not an incentive for them to create a thread.

Some people, believe it or not, were just born to complain about everything and offer no solutions along the way.
i get this but why should anyone need incentive?

or maybe the incentive is there but its the rejection that could also be apart of it.
from what i have seen if things arent worded the right way or depending on who made what it gets traction....which is not something you guys can do anything about but its still stupid.
im glad kandy back. she makes good outside the box threads.
bit i also think most of us have it in them.

I tried getting my cousin on here to promote his music n shit and told him the only way the thread or the music will do something is if you actively engaged with the site....

People only clicking the thread cuz they fucks with me... But you not gonna make any new fans unless they fucks with you

He never hung out long enough to make an impression and the thread got buried..

Not for nothing, cuz he the homie... But shenco prolly got experientially more views soley off the epic roast session that he was active in than he ever would have on his own....

Mad niggaz hit up dubbz and silver Fox and other niggaz who fuck with music cuz they always here talking about the shit...

This place definitely responds to active engagement.... That's why I think hitting folk when they passionate about topics that might get flagged on FB but are open and encouraged discussion here

Back