Welcome To aBlackWeb

Silence is Golden

PRAISE: Picking up to nearly where the great A Quiet Place left off this chapter revolves around the Abbott family now facing the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in silence.
The cast including Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe ,Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou does a great job with their expressions of fear,determination,raw emotion and bravery.
Director and writer John Krasinski knows surviving in Silence is the main ingredient that makes these movies work and actually doubles up on it.
There are great how can I hold my tongue in extremely painful or perilous moments
Krasinski manages to make the murderous creatures more agile,limber and intimidating.
There is a great Alien vibe for a portion of the movie
Krasinski can take a calm scene go to pure panic and anxiety in 0 to 4 seconds!!

PROBLEMS: Spotty predictable moments. I thought one character arc was going somewhere and thought well this will be...NOPE GRAND OPENING....GRAND CLOSING !!
Some of the movie has a been there done that feel that I've seen in a dozen end of the world as we know it movie's and TV shows.

Not as great as the first film but really how can you top something that was beyond involving and original

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

black folks got a combined screen time of 5 minutes in this movie. and they all died

great sequel though
The 2 times brothers popped on screen i said they're dead with no doubt. And that's cool to die in movies but the problem is black people always have to be sacrificial lambs to save the white people. Both of those brothers didn't die for themselves they died in service to white people. They been doing that in movies for 100 mf years.

Dijmon's last words were "i have to get back to my family". How obvious is that?

Back