Welcome To aBlackWeb

A question regarding your siblings kids

grYmes

The price of a brick goin up…
So say one of your siblings let you know that in the event that they and their significant other may pass & they have kids.. that they want to trust you to raise them. If they ask you if you would put them over whatever relationship you may have with another person, is that a problem? Is it bad that this parent would want that assurance from their sibling before signing off that they are responsible for their kids in case shit pops off? For a lot of people it’s a simple answer, I just want to see others opinions on the subject.

Not gonna be a problem. My woman knows I am all about Family. I would be welcoming if the shoe was on the other foot. If she cant understand, I would respectfully let her go.

It's not bad for my Brother or Sister to ask, we been through too much for me to flake on them. Shit, they wouldn't even have to ask. I'm taking custody before the casket dips.

I'd do the best I could.

But I'm very careful about extending myself beyond my limitations.

So as long as I have the resources I'd look out for them the best I could.

And if I didn't have the resources, I'd do my best to make sure they get them. But I wouldn't take on something that's over me head. That's not beneficial to anyone

Reactions: 1/2
I've been through crazy crazy CRAZY situations with my siblings and my wife siblings kids..... We always did the most.. More than everybody else.. But when we couldn't..... We didn't......

I can't say no fucks given..... Cuz I obviously give a fuck about family, but knowing when you can't help in a certain way is very important.

I've been through crazy crazy CRAZY situations with my siblings and my wife siblings kids..... We always did the most.. More than everybody else.. But when we couldn't..... We didn't......

I can't say no fucks given..... Cuz I obviously give a fuck about family, but knowing when you can't help in a certain way is very important.

That's real.

Already had this talk. I'm taking my niece with me from my wife's side. On my side...I don't fuck with them leeches or they kids.

They can all eat a dick.

Fuck that...I can help but i wont an they can still eat a dick.

Last edited:
So say one of your siblings let you know that in the event that they and their significant other may pass & they have kids.. that they want to trust you to raise them. If they ask you if you would put them over whatever relationship you may have with another person, is that a problem? Is it bad that this parent would want that assurance from their sibling before signing off that they are responsible for their kids in case shit pops off? For a lot of people it’s a simple answer, I just want to see others opinions on the subject.

Why would i need to put the kids over my relationship?

I am taking a page from AP on this one... The answer to this question isn't so black and white.

The first question is are there other family member that could also pitch in to help support said child ( your parents,other sibling aunts uncles etc.) I believe that it take a village to raise a child and especially one that is missing one or both parents.
For example Du and I have family on both side that look at it as we are all one big family, if my sister needs some his sister word be like "I got that we family"

Two if you are in a relationship with someone the expectation would be that we are in this together in all circumstances and if they arent they werent from the start and that relationship might need to be evaluated regardless.

With that being said i agree you should do what it takes but never more than you can handle if your doing it alone because then are you really helping? Also for the parent of the child to expect one person alone to raise their child is selfish of them.
I know if something happens to me and du I got a village to pitch in to ensure my children get all they need.

Why would i need to put the kids over my relationship?

I’m saying under curtain circumstances. Obviously if your significant other is a detriment to the kids wellbeing or they just not willing to help raise them, your nieces &/or nephew should come before that. That is if you agreed to raise them in the first place.

Back