Welcome To aBlackWeb

a question about Steve Austin

I wouldn’t say his star faded. He was still 1A or 1B as far as top face of the company. It probably felt that way cuz they booked him like shit that year. Austin losing in the first round after being a winner would have been stupid. KOTR is there to make stars but it would be a waste to have Austin in there. Jericho was the only former world champion at that point in the tournament & I’m sure that was only to give RVD the big win in the semi finals.
Booking Austin vs Brock on Raw is stupid as hell, no and if or buts about it. I kindaaaaa get it in relationship to Hogan losing to Brock on Smackdown, but obviously if Austin is in that tournament to put over Brock it should be in the finals and not the opening.

I really don't know that he had any more matches in him at that point. He takes all that time off and still can only do a beat down segment with Bischoff and then the 1 match with Rock which he almost killed himself the night before getting ready for it.

Booking Austin vs Brock on Raw is stupid as hell, no and if or buts about it. I kindaaaaa get it in relationship to Hogan losing to Brock on Smackdown, but obviously if Austin is in that tournament to put over Brock it should be in the finals and not the opening.

I really don't know that he had any more matches in him at that point. He takes all that time off and still can only do a beat down segment with Bischoff and then the 1 match with Rock which he almost killed himself the night before getting ready for it.

I completely forgot about Hogan taking the L against Brock. Either way tho, Austin was right to not do that match. I dunno if the feeling of the company or Austin was he didn’t have much in him left at the time. I know that’s how it was when he came back to face Rock.

austin physically was burnt out
personally was going through another divorce (i think)
and creatively hated how he was being booked

he probably considered quitting for a while and the brock shit was the straw that broke the camels back

Back