Welcome To aBlackWeb

a question about Steve Austin

Was the reason his neck again? Cuz any time someone leaves cuz of their neck, I believe that shit

Vince was stupid to think people would forget this match if it did happen the way he wanted. Austin has every right to walk out

Was the reason his neck again? Cuz any time someone leaves cuz of their neck, I believe that shit

He did say his knees and neck weren’t right at the time. WWE had a confidential episode about it when Vince Bruce and JR basically shitted on Steve

I agree with him that their very first match shouldn't have been on a random Raw, I don't think he had an issue with putting Brock over

They could have met in the KOTR finals and that would have been a bigger deal and a passing of the torch

I think he was cooked. When he came back he only worked 1 real match which the one with Rock and then he dipped. And he barely made it to that match.

Austin had an issue with his creative dating back to when the NWO came in and he passed on working with Hogan. He hated the program with Hall and didnt appear on Raw the following night. Then he hated the idea of working with Brock for a KOR qualifier on a random Monday Night when he felt it could have been a bigger match (presumably KOR Finals) where they could have made more money. So he left the company

Austin had an issue with his creative dating back to when the NWO came in and he passed on working with Hogan. He hated the program with Hall and didnt appear on Raw the following night. Then he hated the idea of working with Brock for a KOR qualifier on a random Monday Night when he felt it could have been a bigger match (presumably KOR Finals) where they could have made more money. So he left the company
Yeah but I think his bump card was up too. Like he only works one more match and that's it for him. So I don't think he could've kept going anyways even if the creative was still pristine.

The logic of having Austin the the KOTR tournament in 2002 made zero sense. He was way too big for that shit. Austin vs Brock should of took place at a Wrestlemania.

The logic of having Austin the the KOTR tournament in 2002 made zero sense. He was way too big for that shit. Austin vs Brock should of took place at a Wrestlemania.
Nah. It was for a shot at the title at Summerslam. That's reason enough for big names to be in it. Plus Austin's star had faded big time by that point.

Nah. It was for a shot at the title at Summerslam. That's reason enough for big names to be in it. Plus Austin's star had faded big time by that point.

I wouldn’t say his star faded. He was still 1A or 1B as far as top face of the company. It probably felt that way cuz they booked him like shit that year. Austin losing in the first round after being a winner would have been stupid. KOTR is there to make stars but it would be a waste to have Austin in there. Jericho was the only former world champion at that point in the tournament & I’m sure that was only to give RVD the big win in the semi finals.

Last edited:
Back