Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Dominicans deny they're black just like some East Africans. Got me pondering who's worst. They find out real quick that in Amerikkka, you're black.

Some Somalis, Eritreans, and Ethiopians really hate black folks yo. I'll smack some sense into my distant relatives.
Dominicans deny Blackness with an utter shame about it. They're apologetic about being black. East Africans deny blackness with hatred and unprovoked animosity for black Americans specifically.

Dominicans deny Blackness with an utter shame about it. They're apologetic about being black. East Africans deny blackness with hatred and unprovoked animosity for black Americans specifically.

Most Dominicans I've met don't deny Blackness. They just don't prioritize race over nationality. To them being Dominican is more important than being Black. To Black Americans that comes off as weird, but we gotta stop bashing Black people that are from places outside of America for not seeing things the exact same way we see it. That said, non-American Blacks do have to understand that shit works different in this country. They try to come here and behave like things are the same as back home for them, and they get a rude awakening.

I've met a lot of Ethiopians, Kenyans, and Somali, and I've never heard any of them deny Blackness. I do see them object pretty strongly to being associated with Black Americans though.

@Marc123 if ur bitch ass is anywhere in newyork dm yo location goofy ass

mark-cuban-shark-tank.gif

Most Dominicans I've met don't deny Blackness. They just don't prioritize race over nationality. To them being Dominican is more important than being Black. To Black Americans that comes off as weird, but we gotta stop bashing Black people that are from places outside of America for not seeing things the exact same way we see it. That said, non-American Blacks do have to understand that shit works different in this country. They try to come here and behave like things are the same as back home for them, and they get a rude awakening.

I've met a lot of Ethiopians, Kenyans, and Somali, and I've never heard any of them deny Blackness. I do see them object pretty strongly to being associated with Black Americans though.
The thing is, Dominicans come off as delusional for their stance. They should prioritize race because that's how they're seen first. To each his own and all that, we're not a monolith of course but if everyone of African descent got on code and embraced blackness unapologetically we wouldn't be at the bottom of the totem pole globally

I've met a self hating Dominican or two in real life plus ol girl from the IC was half Dominican and we spoke in depth about the racial politics there.. as far as the somalis, ive witnessed their vitriol online. There's pockets of them on social media and they just are super anti black American. They come into our spaces trolling and hating on reparations lol

The thing is, Dominicans come off as delusional for their stance. They should prioritize race because that's how they're seen first. To each his own and all that, we're not a monolith of course but if everyone of African descent got on code and embraced blackness unapologetically we wouldn't be at the bottom of the totem pole globally

I've met a self hating Dominican or two in real life plus ol girl from the IC was half Dominican and we spoke in depth about the racial politics there.. as far as the somalis, ive witnessed their vitriol online. There's pockets of them on social media and they just are super anti black American. They come into our spaces trolling and hating on reparations lol

I get what you're saying, but you're looking at things through an American lens.

If you live in Africa and 99% of your interactions are with other Africans, there's really no purpose in prioritizing race. Your friends and enemies are both other groups of black people, so from their standpoint it doesn't even make sense to indulge in racial pride.

Same thing is true in a lot of Caribbean countries. We have an us against them mindset when it comes to relating to people of other races, but in those other nations their interaction with other races is minimal so they don't perceive other races as a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back