Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
blaffy wanted me to start at midnight Eastern so, let’s see what it looks like in here when morning gets reposted or shared for a day

Let’s grow as a community and learn about each other guys!
Oh I didn’t even think what time zone you guys would be on

Well I’m on the East coast

Continue on with your conversation
I’ll jump in

It's literally all talk. What's the point in saying a thing all the time and when the time comes to prove it, you're nowhere to be found?
What if they actually believe what they’re saying though?

For example, let’s say I tell a guy he is doing a wonderful job and I’m proud of him. Why is that pointless?

Put on your red dress
And slip on your high heels
And some of that sweet perfume
It sure smells good on you
Johnny Gill killed that shit

In fact it’s on YouTube

/LMcANn_5UxM

:-)

True, but Jay-Z and TI were never promoting the drug dealer lifestyle the way the chicks are promoting that city girl lifestyle.

I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but I do thing there is a difference between how the two things were promoted. Even in that clip, the chick was like "Yeah, being a city girl is good. I just don't want my daughter to be that." Jay and TI were never in interviews saying being a drug dealer is good.

Lol they literally made a career on how they used to push dope they literally helped make it cool. And the drug dealer rapper existed long before the thot rapper.

If you got clips of Jay or TI saying that drug dealing is good and that young black men should do it, put them up.

Again, I'm not just talking about the music. These chicks are actually saying being a City Girl is good. You might argue that Jay and TI's music promoted that lifestyle, which is debatable, but to my knowledge they've never told anyone it was a good thing. In fact, in interviews they have usually said it wasn't right.

Lol bruh I really think Hov and Ti impact is way bigger than city girls I get you hate thot rap but saying they didn’t promote drug dealing like it was lucrative asf for them is crazy. Don’t gotta say it’s good because they know it’s not. Did not stop them from promoting it and not letting their kids see that the lifestyle. 1000s of street rappers and none of them want their kids in the streets

Fucking 3:30 am meeting with Switzerland about taxes.

Dont ever use Deloitte…..how dafuq you a global company but can’t tell the difference between an account number and iban number?

Then over calculated my pension. I gave you the damn balance. What we doing here?

I need a drink.
Imma be lit at 4:39 am and don’t care.

Lol they literally made a career on how they used to push dope they literally helped make it cool. And the drug dealer rapper existed long before the thot rapper.

You're confusing glorification for promotion. Those aren't the same thing.

Lol bruh I really think Hov and Ti impact is way bigger than city girls I get you hate thot rap but saying they didn’t promote drug dealing like it was lucrative asf for them is crazy. Don’t gotta say it’s good because they know it’s not. Did not stop them from promoting it and not letting their kids see that the lifestyle. 1000s of street rappers and none of them want their kids in the streets

Again, you don't seem to understand the difference between glorification and promotion.

Very few male rappers are out there telling people that selling drugs is the thing to do. City Girls and a bunch of other chicks before them are absolutely trying to push the idea that being a hoe is empowering and a trend that should be followed. Both sides are negative in their own way. The difference is it's not problematic for T.I. to have songs saying he sold drugs in the past but doesn't want that for his sons. It is problematic for that chick to say being a City Girl is awesome and women should try it except for my daughter because I wouldn't want that nasty shit for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back