8Ball & MJG Are Just As Good As 3-6 and UGK

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.
well

yea they're jus as good

obviously not as popular as 3-6 but that wasn't the question

& s/o to Sir Michael & the Cool Kidz as well

8Ball and MJG's most notable song is a 3-6 song....

When it comes to impact and influence it's not close.

If we're solely talking about catalog, I still don't think it's close but I'm down to do a verzuz.

Even UGK's biggest song is a 3-6 produced song lol

What are we doing here?

8Ball and MJG's most notable song is a 3-6 song....

When it comes to impact and influence it's not close.

If we're solely talking about catalog, I still don't think it's close but I'm down to do a verzuz.

Even UGK's biggest song is a 3-6 produced song lol

What are we doing here?

What do you think is 8Ball & MJG's most notable song? Space Age Pimpin, Armed Robbery, and Coming Out Hard were all notable songs that had nothing to do with and their best album was In Our Lifetime, none of that had anything to do with 3-6. 3-6 is seen as influential because they really brought the Crunk type music to the forefront before anyone else, but Lil Jon came along and overshadowed them.

Some of this feels like revisionist history or maybe its just my recollection. At one point we were looking at Outkast, UGK, and Ball&G being the biggest acts from the South. 3-6 was always there, but I don't remember anyone putting them above those other 3 back then. It could just be me though.

Meh. That's two very different things. Thread question asks are they as good as 3-6 and UGK. Tweet says they should be honored the same as 3-6 and UGK.

They're not as good, but should be honored the same because of what they did and how they did it and the position they held in southern rap during their run. I don't know any down south niggas that wasn’t raised on Ball and G, right along with UGK.

Last edited:
lol Come on son. That song came out in 2005. Anyone who uses that as a milestone for when Ball & G became relevant probably shouldn't be in this discussion. Space Age Pimpin was all over the radio and TV when it came out and that song dropped in 1995.
I'm not saying that's when they became relevant, I'm saying that's the biggest song they've ever been a part of.

I fuck with 8ball and MJG heavy, but I do think there's a hierarchy to this shit and 3-6 reigns supreme.

Back