Welcome To aBlackWeb

6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published anymore because they portray people in 'hurtful and wrong' ways

iu

Lo and behold a white man born in 1904 had racist attitudes.

I read late 19th century classic sci fi books and some of the authors can't not let their supremacism influence their work. I brush over it because it was the sign of the times.

What's funnier to me is when the woke brigade wanna fault creatives like Dr. Suess for his work lacking diversity when that wasn't his climate back then. Sure, do away with the overtly racist stuff but take the rest of the fantastical story telling for what it is... A bit of wonder and fun.
FlamboyantDopeyCalf-max-1mb.gif

Eh don't see the point in bringing up old pics/tweets of politicians celebrating/reading dr seuss before this shit was brought to light

What's that accomplish?

Nothing

It’s some shit that don’t matter and folks wanna just seem like they cool or some shit

There ya'll hoteps go again. Always begging for stuff.
Never been a hotep. The point is getting rid of the books is pointless as if it means anything. If they want to atone then they need to put some money on it. We are owed everything anyway so stick that begging shit up your ass b

Never been a hotep. The point is getting rid of the books is pointless as if it means anything. If they want to atone then they need to put some money on it. We are owed everything anyway so stick that begging shit up your ass b

I’m all for us.

But why do dr. Seuss owe us money? Why would he owe Jews and Chinese money too?

Lo and behold a white man born in 1904 had racist attitudes.

I read late 19th century classic sci fi books and some of the authors can't not let their supremacism influence their work. I brush over it because it was the sign of the times.

What's funnier to me is when the woke brigade wanna fault creatives like Dr. Suess for his work lacking diversity when that wasn't his climate back then. Sure, do away with the overtly racist stuff but take the rest of the fantastical story telling for what it is... A bit of wonder and fun.

Alexandre Dumas leaves the chatroom...

Great, I hate the fact I read them books during my childhood.

Long overdue but these kids don't need to be reading that trash ass book.

That Dr. Suess book never made any sense until you research deeper and understand them code words in the book and realize how racist that book was.

Explain...

The black french writer? I have the Count of Monte Cristo on my kindle, haven't got around to reading it yet.

I'd hope he wouldn't have supremacist views.

He was a little self-racist and disdainful against darker skinned Africans like any mixed race writer at his time, but still. His books are enjoyable.

Treading a dangerous line with altering all these previously published things that are now being altered to hide the original content.

If the writer was a racist and published racist shit, don’t cover over it and make the author out to be something that he isn’t. Show him as the racist he is and allow people to make their own decision on wether to purchase from said author.

only be so long before they start rewriting history to cover up mass genocide and all other human atrocities to make the world seem a better place.

fact is life is ugly as is the world, stop trying to make everything have a face of perfection.

if you ever watched the old school Tom & Jerry cartoons the character Mammy Two Shoes was racist to me...... how come she had to be the big black loud housekeeper with the bad english?

We - bros n sis with all our innocence - thought she was the owner/mom of the house lol

Back