Welcome To aBlackWeb

2k23 NBA Summer League

Idk what it is but there's something about Jabari Smith game that I don't like
In the College basketball thread, I was the main Jabari skeptic. Him going to the Rockets makes me even more of a hater.

Dude’s inability to get to the rim right now is a big problem. Only way he overcomes that is if he is a generational shooter (very possible).

8FA48DCF-ED05-43EB-BA4E-3CFF1881B0CC.jpeg

My Rockets hate aside, rooting for the kid. I have heard nothing but good things about his work ethic. Really needs to work on his handle.

In the College basketball thread, I was the main Jabari skeptic. Him going to the Rockets makes me even more of a hater.

Dude’s inability to get to the rim right now is a big problem. Only way he overcomes that is if he is a generational shooter (very possible).

View attachment 878975

My Rockets hate aside, rooting for the kid. I have heard nothing but good things about his work ethic. Really needs to work on his handle.

I agree. I noticed that too and that's why I was never high on him

@southsil4lil how did the youngins look

Disorganized lol

Jabari was solid, thought he'd show a little bit more defensively but he was about what I expected offensively and that he'll look much better with actual spacing and real guard play...the jumper is smooth and he'll be able to get his shot off anywhere on the court when he gets more comfortable

Nix was disappointing, thought he would be able to assert himself more and do some playmaking but there was no ball movement....TyTy wasn't much better as far as the ball movement goes but he wasn't really playing point guard either and still showed more flashes....I definitely think he should start next game

Eason brought some real good energy on both sides of the court, took too many 3s but he was a beast on the boards

Josh Christopher wasn't trying to pass the ball to anybody but he's clearly a a level or two above everyone else, probably only plays one more game

Disorganized lol

Jabari was solid, thought he'd show a little bit more defensively but he was about what I expected offensively and that he'll look much better with actual spacing and real guard play...the jumper is smooth and he'll be able to get his shot off anywhere on the court when he gets more comfortable

Nix was disappointing, thought he would be able to assert himself more and do some playmaking but there was no ball movement....TyTy wasn't much better as far as the ball movement goes but he wasn't really playing point guard either and still showed more flashes....I definitely think he should start next game

Eason brought some real good energy on both sides of the court, took too many 3s but he was a beast on the boards

Josh Christopher wasn't trying to pass the ball to anybody but he's clearly a a level or two above everyone else, probably only plays one more game
Yeah I seen rockets fans on Twitter getting hype for tyty but of course everything exaggerated.

That and a lot of paolo/Jabari comparisons

I’m like dawg they played 5 mins y’all already saying he trash lol

You clearly saw the difference between the pistons and rockets with how they ran their offense

rockets it was like you have gym class and you get the kids together and you get the bag full of basketballs and let them go crazy lol

No real PG trying to run the offense

then I thought about it, it’s not like Jalen Green gonna make that better

TyTy could but like South said he wasn’t really trying to play point

Killian hayes on the other hand while he couldn’t make shots like that, he was pretty solid in that regard

rockets just wanted to have fun and put on a show last night which is fine

Shame that Shaedon got injured. Hope he's fine. But this was a beautiful shot.

This dude could end up making a lot of teams look foolish.

Homie played HS ball then didn’t play at all in college and got guaranteed money at the 7th pick (Fleeced)

Plays organized ball for the first time since Oct 2011 for a couple of mins and made one shot then hurt his shoulder and sat out with injury

I better not see a Shaedon gonna miss summer league report

Back