Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NBA Offseason Thread

@toheeb27 I need to know what have you seen from Pat Williams that you think he's not a bust at the moment?
I got a min or two

But he can only be a bust based on the expectations you or maybe the franchise have set for him

Throw out where he was selected in the draft. What were you hoping to get from him when they selected him

I got a min or two

But he can only be a bust based on the expectations you or maybe the franchise have set for him

Throw out where he was selected in the draft. What were you hoping to get from him when they selected him
The #4 pick should give you much more than what he's giving in 4 years, no way in hell he deserved that contract he just got

The #4 pick should give you much more than what he's giving in 4 years, no way in hell he deserved that contract he just got
Sir

I literally just said forget what slot he was selected in

What were YOUR expectations for him and what were the expectations for him by management?

I need more than those measly numbers for a guy they want to be a big part of the team. I'm sick and tired of potential with this dude, when will that potential start happening every game

I got a min or two

I'm not gon hold you this is a funny ass way of asking this question cause being a top 5 pick one would at least hope for better than what he's been doing lol so idk how someone answers this question realistically without thinking of where this dude was picked in the draft

I'm not gon hold you this is a funny ass way of asking this question cause being a top 5 pick one would at least hope for better than what he's been doing lol so idk how someone answers this question realistically without thinking of where this dude was picked in the draft
Well to me it's not black and white

Williams has/had a specific skill set coming out of college that the bulls felt was missing so they drafted him instead of possibly drafting down hoping to get him later

Drafts and their evaluations are always a frozen point in time so you go off the information you know. Exceptions do exist of course but that's like if you draft a kid that shot let's say 45% from 3 in college on a decent volume, if you draft him at 4 or 24, is he not expected to still shoot close to that on similar volume?

If he doesn't, then by that metric, he is a bust.

If Williams was supposed to be a defensive wing stopper, 3 and D guy and he by the metrics are not in the top percentile after a suitable sample size then yes, he is a bust regardless of draft position.

IDK why CTB couldn't just answer me directly

Well to me it's not black and white

Williams has/had a specific skill set coming out of college that the bulls felt was missing so they drafted him instead of possibly drafting down hoping to get him later

Drafts and their evaluations are always a frozen point in time so you go off the information you know. Exceptions do exist of course but that's like if you draft a kid that shot let's say 45% from 3 in college on a decent volume, if you draft him at 4 or 24, is he not expected to still shoot close to that on similar volume?

If he doesn't, then by that metric, he is a bust.

If Williams was supposed to be a defensive wing stopper, 3 and D guy and he by the metrics are not in the top percentile after a suitable sample size then yes, he is a bust regardless of draft position.

IDK why CTB couldn't just answer me directly
You shouldn’t have answered him

You completely let Chitown off the hook now lol

I knew after the second response to you he was just talking

I would rather him just say he don't like the nigga and be done with it lol
I don't like the guy cause he's a bum and going to keep getting opportunities to bum it up for the next 5 years

Back