Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NBA Offseason Thread

Then you gotta hope he stays featured as the guys around him get better too

Then you added Reed to the mix

It's a complex situation, I think for Jalen he's going to get as much as he can handle to start the season and they're going to want find out early on if they should continue to invest in him or move on

Cam and Reed make him expendable if he doesn't show up to play

It's a complex situation, I think for Jalen he's going to get as much as he can handle to start the season and they're going to want find out early on if they should continue to invest in him or move on

Cam and Reed make him expendable if he doesn't show up to play
Do they make him expendable bcuz they are cheaper or bcuz they have proven themselves on the court?

Do they make him expendable bcuz they are cheaper or bcuz they have proven themselves on the court?

Cheaper and it's the unknown....with Jalen you've seen this for 4 years now

I will say Cam Whitmore absolutely showed enough flashes and had moments last season that where he was putting pressure on Jalen before he started going off in March

Cheaper and it's the unknown....with Jalen you've seen this for 4 years now

I will say Cam Whitmore absolutely showed enough flashes and had moments last season that where he was putting pressure on Jalen before he started going off in March
3 of those 4 years were with bad coaching. Pay that man and watch him and Cam blossom together.

3 of those 4 years were with bad coaching. Pay that man and watch him and Cam blossom together.

Cam has his flaws as well....aloof at times on defense and needs to be a better playmaker

Biggest thing though is it just comes down to the money and you can't keep everybody

I definitely agree his development was stifled with poor coaching his first few years.....but when it comes to handing out these contracts he simply hasn't done enough to justify getting paid damn near max money

Houston is in a unique situation where they don't have all of there eggs in one basket.......say if we didn't have all of these other prospects than yeah you have to go ahead and pay Jalen Green because you need him to work out because if not, well where do you go from there?......We aren't in that situation and can pivot in a multitude of directions if he isn't good, the success of our franchise isn't dependent on one player reaching his potential.

he simply hasn't done enough to justify getting paid damn near max money

We aren't in that situation and can pivot in a multitude of directions if he isn't good, the success of our franchise isn't dependent on one player reaching his potential.
Not too many youngins in the league have done enough to get big money but these are the times we are in. lol

A good problem to have my friend.

Sengun has star quality and is almost already at the same level as a guy like Sabonis who is way younger

Jabari has value being 6’11 and can stretch the floor with an improving shot and can protect the rim

Cam whitmore is a natural scorer with incredible strength and athleticism but his age is his best attribute at the moment

Amen has real Playmaking and ball handling skill and is a great rebounder added to his great size his caveat is that he can’t shoot at all

Jalen green is a good to great highflying scorer who is okay at shooting

Basing in ages and projected potential I think green will be fine it’s just that there’s way too much money you have to commit to him when you don’t necessarily need to

Sengun has star quality and is almost already at the same level as a guy like Sabonis who is way younger

Jabari has value being 6’11 and can stretch the floor with an improving shot and can protect the rim

Cam whitmore is a natural scorer with incredible strength and athleticism but his age is his best attribute at the moment

Amen has real Playmaking and ball handling skill and is a great rebounder added to his great size his caveat is that he can’t shoot at all

Jalen green is a good to great highflying scorer who is okay at shooting

Basing in ages and projected potential I think green will be fine it’s just that there’s way too much money you have to commit to him when you don’t necessarily need to

Sengun already better than Sabonis

People ain't ready for that though

Back