Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NBA Offseason Thread

One of the most interesting storylines this season

I think a healthy Miami team could be very good and a top 4 seed

On the flipside I think they have some low key disaster potential

Either way if I'm Miami I would try to be as good as I can possibly be this season and make this the last of the Jimmy Butler era
Biggest Heat storylines this season is seeing Jacquez in year 2, Rozier actually getting time to practice with the team and be in a rhythm, Ware getting backup C mins and playing with Bam potentially, Keshad Johnson and highsmith replacing Caleb, and whatever glue spot mins you get from pelle larsson

😀

Lmao I was gonna post this the day he said it

This gonna get reused like the Ham picture

Real talk if I was running the Lakers I would want this to be the last year of the Lebron experience and I would try to move AD next offseason or maybe even the deadline if things are going poorly and use that as the foundation for a rebuild

I'm not moving any future draft capital and I'm telling Lebron to shut up and enjoy playing with his son because that's what he wanted and we made that happen

They won't do this though

Real talk if I was running the Lakers I would want this to be the last year of the Lebron experience and I would try to move AD next offseason or maybe even the deadline if things are going poorly and use that as the foundation for a rebuild

I'm not moving any future draft capital and I'm telling Lebron to shut up and enjoy playing with his son because that's what he wanted and we made that happen

Lebron keeping the lights on over there

idk if the lakers wanna go back to the pre lonzo era prematurely

Lebron keeping the lights on over there

idk if the lakers wanna go back to the pre lonzo era prematurely

That's very true too......money aside, if they handled it correctly I actually think they could have a good rebuild to hold them over until the next star wanted to go there and I do think someone will want to go there after Lebron leaves...they don't have the patience for that and like you said the probably don't want to anyway

That's very true too......money aside, if they handled it correctly I actually think they could have a good rebuild to hold them over until the next star wanted to go there and I do think someone will want to go there after Lebron leaves...they don't have the patience for that and like you said the probably don't want to anyway
Oh of course they actually have a bevy (that’s right I said bevy) of decent young talent to create an okay bridge between this and the post Lebron era but they gonna ride the king and bronny this year and then market Lebron’s retirement year

🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

I wonder what the Clippers would consider a successful season or what the path for them being good is?

I don't see them being some explosive offense.....If you squint hard enough there is enough defensive talent that you could say "ok maybe they could be a stingy defense"

Idk if they're just trying to make the playoffs this first year in this new arena or if they really think they have a chance to compete

I am interested in seeing what Kevin Porter Jr's role is going to be, if they're expecting him to be an actual rotation piece or just someone to take a flyer on

I wonder what the Clippers would consider a successful season or what the path for them being good is?

I don't see them being some explosive offense.....If you squint hard enough there is enough defensive talent that you could say "ok maybe they could be a stingy defense"

Idk if they're just trying to make the playoffs this first year in this new arena or if they really think they have a chance to compete

I am interested in seeing what Kevin Porter Jr's role is going to be, if they're expecting him to be an actual rotation piece or just someone to take a flyer on

Dunn
Harden
Hyland
Powell
KPJ

Is interesting

Dunn
Harden
Hyland
Powell
KPJ

Is interesting

I'm really looking hard at this roster right now.....I think this team is going to be a disaster

I'm assuming this is the starting 5

Harden
Terrance Mann
Kawhi
Derrick Jones Jr
Zubac

That's not bad defensively but offensively I think they could really struggle

Then off the bench got Norm Powell,
Batum for sure as the reserves that you know are in the rotation

After that I really don't know who they're going to trust......Kris Dunn doesn't put up enough 3s and is limited offensively, Bones Hyland sucks on defense and hasnt played a meaningful NBA minute in his career.......Porter Jr a loose cannon and can go off the rails at any time

Is Batum the back up 5 or they going to rely on Kai Jones and Mo Bamba?

What's the plan if/when Kawhi goes down?

I'm really looking hard at this roster right now.....I think this team is going to be a disaster

I'm assuming this is the starting 5

Harden
Terrance Mann
Kawhi
Derrick Jones Jr
Zubac

That's not bad defensively but offensively I think they could really struggle

Then off the bench got Norm Powell,
Batum for sure as the reserves that you know are in the rotation

After that I really don't know who they're going to trust......Kris Dunn doesn't put up enough 3s and is limited offensively, Bones Hyland sucks on defense and hasnt played a meaningful NBA minute in his career.......Porter Jr a loose cannon and can go off the rails at any time

Is Batum the back up 5 or they going to rely on Kai Jones and Mo Bamba?

What's the plan if/when Kawhi goes down?
Annnd that’s why I don’t have them making the playoffs

Aren't they 2nd apron? Gonna be pretty hard to move ad cause I think in 2nd apron you can only do 1 for 1 trades. All they can really do is hope they can find net positive deals for guys like rui, Gabe and D'Angelo or they just ride it to the wheels fall off and let lebron do his goodbye tour the next 2 seasons. It's just not a contending group but it shouldn't be all or nothing either.

Back