Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024/2025 NBA Season Thread

View attachment 1393901

Like give it a rest my nigga. We don't care.

Talk basketball or get off my dick

This is an open forum, if you want to talk about how mid the Raptors are going to be for the foreseeable future because they blew up a team they didn't want anymore because it was mid only to build a new version of that same team you're more than welcome

Van Vleet-Quickley
OG-RJ
Siakam-Scottie

peak-mid.jpg

lol @ Mobley being #2

His trajectory is incredibly different now than during/after his rookie year

I heard something where Kenny Atkinson was saying he was to put the ball in his hands more and use him more like an offensive hub

I mean that's cool if he can do that but you don't really need him to if you have Garland and Mitchell....much more important for him to be able to stretch the floor

Maybe it's in preparation of him playing center more because I do believe inevitably Jarrett Allen is going to be the odd man out

I heard something where Kenny Atkinson was saying he was to put the ball in his hands more and use him more like an offensive hub

I mean that's cool if he can do that but you don't really need him to if you have Garland and Mitchell....much more important for him to be able to stretch the floor

Maybe it's in preparation of him playing center more because I do believe inevitably Jarrett Allen is going to be the odd man out
I mean I know the roster construction isn’t exactly helping him as far as offensive touches but idk he’s looking like a high level role player on a good team ala Aaron Gordon and that’s perfectly fine

But it’s a far cry from the Tim Duncan comparisons, and it’s more distance away from Barnes and cade who were drafted ahead of after him

But I do agree he needs the ball to create more

But that’s with my limited Cavs knowledge

Thoughts from yesterday

Zion is still that nigga

Murray is going to really open up things in transition for them this year. He was a bit rusty shooting wise but I'm not concerned

CJ picking up where he left off with the 3 ball from last year

I like seeing Herb shooting that corner 3 with no hesitation

Theis looks like a decent stop gap. Kinda hard to assess him and his role cause the teams are so vanilla in the pre season

Looking for Hawkins minutes to increase and his usage but deep down I think he's trade bait. Hope I'm wrong though

I mean I know the roster construction isn’t exactly helping him as far as offensive touches but idk he’s looking like a high level role player on a good team ala Aaron Gordon and that’s perfectly fine

But it’s a far cry from the Tim Duncan comparisons, and it’s more distance away from Barnes and cade who were drafted ahead of after him

But I do agree he needs the ball to create more

But that’s with my limited Cavs knowledge

I agree

I just don't know what to with him offensively if he's not effectively stretching the floor

Ok so you're going to take the ball out of Garland and Mitchells hands to put it in Mobleys hands to do what exactly? And what is Jarrett Allen going to be doing

Like I said though it'll probably make more sense once Allen gets traded and that should open things up for everyone

Allen for Ingram isn't crazy...its not perfect but it's not crazy to me

I think Ingram actually does give Cleveland something they don't really have

I would really love it if BI could actually defend his position

Walk with me real quick

This is not a well thought out scenario at all but I was trying to make a team that would force Mobley to have the ball to create/score more

Garland and okoro for Jerami Grant and Scoot

Allen for Herb Jones and filler

Scoot
Mitchell
Herb
Grant
Mobley

Now he has the room to get offensive touches

Yeah but that really doesn’t help Mobley lol

I think it does....You replace a non shooter and someone who occupies the paint with someone who does like to operate in the midrange but does add much more spacing....and I think they could kind use that kind of diversity Ingram would bring in the playoffs

Mobley
Ingram
Strus
Garland
Mitchell

I actually like that on paper....unfortunately though Ingram can't defend 3s or 4s

Walk with me real quick

This is not a well thought out scenario at all but I was trying to make a team that would force Mobley to have the ball to create/score more

Garland and okoro for Jerami Grant and Scoot

Allen for Herb Jones and filler

Scoot
Mitchell
Herb
Grant
Mobley

Now he has the room to get offensive touches

That's a lot of work to accommodate someone who should be a 3rd option offensively at best lol

Back