Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NFC Championship: Detroit Lions vs San Francisco 49ers (SF wins 34-31)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The play clock is only 25 seconds that late in the game.

A good coach would have had them ready to run out there soon as the run was stopped and kicked a FG in 15 seconds like a bunch of teams do. They could have had 3 timeouts, try the insides and try to force a punt and have time left.

Instead Campbell is a terrible coach in late game situations
Eh, I wouldn't say that. He literally plays the odds like most coaches do these days. Win some lose some. Like moose said you can't really criticize the results when the numbers say they were the right calls.

I know so much about what this feels like for the Lions fans. It really sucks but you’ll get thru it. It took 19 and half games but we all knew the real Lions would show up eventually.

I have no problem with the way the coach called the game🤷🏾‍♂️

I have no problem with the way the coach called the game🤷🏾‍♂️

Seriously, Dan been coaching that way all season, that's what got him there.

He should've kicked it when he had the lead.

The 2nd one, I understand. The goal at that point isn't tie, it's to get a touchdown. It's better to put it in your offense hands than put it in the hands of the kicker. You gonna need to score either way. You hope your force a FG and then need a touchdown to win it.

NFL fans that whine and moan every time a coach goes for 2 or refuse to kick a FG gotta understand math.

You play to win the game, not to tie. There's no sense in kicking a FG every single time there's a 4th and 2.

The biggest issue is the fact that these motherfuckers couldn't catch for shit.

Seriously, Dan been coaching that way all season, that's what got him there.

He should've kicked it when he had the lead.

The 2nd one, I understand. The goal at that point isn't tie, it's to get a touchdown. It's better to put it in your offense hands than put it in the hands of the kicker. You gonna need to score either way. You hope your force a FG and then need a touchdown to win it.

NFL fans that whine and moan every time a coach goes for 2 or refuse to kick a FG gotta understand math.

You play to win the game, not to tie. There's no sense in kicking a FG every single time there's a 4th and 2.

The biggest issue is the fact that these motherfuckers couldn't catch for shit.
FOH man. Kicking the FG would have give ln them a better chance to win lol. They got zero points instead of 3 so going for it in that situation is not playing to win the game

Hopefully the Lions figure it out these next few years. Cuz they might of peaked too soon. They don’t wanna go down in flames like the Sacksonville Jags, Carson Palmer Cardinals & Cams Panthers they need to fix this shit and learn from this L. This the type of shit most teams don’t comeback from.

Back