Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NBA Playoffs West Semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (LAL wins 4-2)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Word. Honestly I stopped consuming sports media like 3-4 years ago. Shit just stopped being fun.

I just talk ball here

There's only a select few tv talking heads I take seriously when they're talking basketball on an analytical level. JJ Reddick, Tim Legler, NBA TV has some good breakdowns too. I think the switch we saw in sports media when journalists and tv anchors were allowed to be open about their fandom is what caused the change. It's hard to view someone as biased when you don't know who they're rooting for. But when you know somebody you're listening to wants a certain team to win then it kinda taints their pov whether they're conscious of it or not

The rings they won together in Miami they wasn’t even the favorite to win them
Thought this was cap, but looks like they were underdogs in 2 of the 4 finals they went to.

Regardless if they were underdogs or not, he played with two players in the top 3-5 of their positions in their prime.

What are we doing here

I think the overall opinion is those teams with KD on the Warriors would've basically beat any team ever. You put them head up against peak Miami Big 3 Heat a good number of people would pick the Warriors cuz of their shooting.

Also the Warriors didn't catch enough heat for wasting a roster spot on Andre Igoudala. Man played 8 games all year and barely played last year. They could've used that for another player but they wanted their own version of Udonis Haslem

Regardless if they were underdogs or not, he played with two players in the top 3-5 of their positions in their prime.

What are we doing here
Lmao. The point is who has the better team.

They wasn’t suppose to win.

I think the overall opinion is those teams with KD on the Warriors would've basically beat any team ever. You put them head up against peak Miami Big 3 Heat a good number of people would pick the Warriors cuz of their shooting.
I don't like having era convos cause the thing you can't count on is what will actually happen vs comparing statistics, the eye test, and depending on who you are your level of bias to support your position

I don't like having era convos cause the thing you can't count on is what will actually happen vs comparing statistics, the eye test, and depending on who you are your level of bias to support your position

I don't like them because of how completely different the games are played leads to completely different roster construction. Like if you put that Miami Heat team just 3 years later when the league had finally switched over to shooting a ton of 3s their roster looks way different and that completely changes the conversation. When people talk about the 90s Bulls would still do certain shit against teams today...nah they wouldn't. Luc Longley ain't about to be running up and down the court with Giannis.

Back