Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NBA Playoffs East Semifinals: #2 Boston Celtics vs #3 Philadelphia 76ers (BOS wins 4-3)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look at how much Josh Harris bought the team for, and how much it’s worth now
Isn’t that comparable to anybody buying a franchise back then to now? There’s no franchise valued below a billion now

And if you’re telling me the process is not an on the court related initiative then that’s really weird for Embiid to act like it was

Embiid is never healthy in the playoffs because he plays too many minutes in the regular season because Darryl Morey hasn't found a backup center which is in turn because Glenn doesn't play any of the young players who could possibly fill that position(Charles Bassey, Paul Reed)
We had one:

Andre Drummond.

Why they didn't try to get him back this season once he was free of that contract that sent him to the Nets is beyond me.

B-Ball Paul is a solid player off the bench, but I would've used him more as a back-up PF than a C.

Last edited:
That's the coach's fault playing Emdiid too many regular minutes

But the biggest sin Sixers did that WILL haunt then the next few years was choosing Tobias and Ben over Jimmy Butler and letting him walk.
This is the most infuriating narrative ever, mostly because it is FALSE.

Here is the true story:

Jimmy was offered the MAX to stay in Philly: 5-years/$190 Million.

He turned it down, because he HATED playing with Ben Simmons, and was outright disgusted with Brett Brown's coddling of Simmons (and Joel, to a lesser extent). Jimmy was right in hindsight, but the Sixers brass wasn't going to fire Brett AND trade Ben to keep Jimmy.

Jimmy then took Miami's offer, mostly because he was promised to be THE guy in the franchise, instead of a 1c of a potential 3-headed monster.

Elton Brand then panicked after losing Jimmy, and wanting to save face, overpaid Tobias by minimum, $50 Million. Tobi shouldn't have gotten a contract higher than 5/$130 MAX.

Brand then tried to make up for losing Jimmy by also overpaying the FUCK out of Al Hortford with that horrendous 3-year/$110 million deal that Hortford didn't stay past ONE YEAR for. How Brand is STILL in the Sixers front office as the GM is a testament to the shitty front office management that has totally fucked The Process UP.

It just pisses me off to NO end when people fuck this story up.

Last edited:
Back