Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NBA Playoffs East Finals: #2 Boston Celtics vs #8 Miami Heat (MIA wins 4-3)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually since I have you, what’s your beef with this schedule?
You keep making it about rest for the sake of rest in this current series idc about that hasn’t been my point. Talking about Lebron and Horford fuck them. I Didn’t bitch about it vs the Warriors in a win nor am I if this series ends in a loss. Because the CF was gonna be built after the results of the previous round.

You brought up the bubble and I’m glad you did. It was flexible. As soon as the bubble started the finals wasn’t dead set to start September 30th. It was tbd dependent on how things played out in the post season.

The NBA I get it now are adamant on having a finals actual start day that they can promote game 1 like the Super Bowl months in advance but basketball is different. & this is not the Super Bowl. That’s the bigger issue a set start date. But since Silver wants to be nfl ish with this particular thing this what we stuck with. We’ve had finals in the past 15 years start as early as May 31st to as late as June 8th in non lockout seasons. It used to be flexible dependent on what happened prior so it wasn’t as big a deal.

So then to my point now you if this how you gonna do it you have to be more intentional on the conference finals schedule as a contingency. The easier answer is don’t have a set start day to the finals months out. It still may have been 6 and 5 days off respectively with the extra day in between these blowout matchups but even that matters. But this my last post about it in this thread don’t wanna hijack Heat talk any further.

He don’t wanna be there anymore

Crazy thing is, I don’t even know what a JB package that Boston would want looks like. I can find spots for JB but not what C’s would sign off for

You keep making it about rest for the sake of rest in this current series idc about that hasn’t been my point. Talking about Lebron and Horford fuck them. I Didn’t bitch about it vs the Warriors in a win nor am I if this series ends in a loss. Because the CF was gonna be built after the results of the previous round.

You brought up the bubble and I’m glad you did. It was flexible. As soon as the bubble started the finals wasn’t dead set to start September 30th. It was tbd dependent on how things played out in the post season.

The NBA I get it now are adamant on having a finals actual start day that they can promote game 1 like the Super Bowl months in advance but basketball is different. & this is not the Super Bowl. That’s the bigger issue a set start date. But since Silver wants to be nfl ish with this particular thing this what we stuck with. We’ve had finals in the past 15 years start as early as May 31st to as late as June 8th in non lockout seasons. It used to be flexible dependent on what happened prior so it wasn’t as big a deal.

So then to my point now you if this how you gonna do it you have to be more intentional on the conference finals schedule as a contingency. The easier answer is don’t have a set start day to the finals months out. It still may have been 6 and 5 days off respectively with the extra day in between these blowout matchups but even that matters. But this my last post about it in this thread don’t wanna hijack Heat talk any further.
I get what you’re saying

And don’t worry I’ll allow you to derail for one more post so you can answer

But there might be something attached to the NBA calendar or something as far as the arenas or just scheduling we aren’t privy to as the driving force around this

But don’t worry I know why you care about this and it’s a valid reason

He don’t wanna be there anymore

Crazy thing is, I don’t even know what a JB package that Boston would want looks like. I can find spots for JB but not what C’s would sign off for
Jaylen Brown, Jalen Brunson and Joel Embid bout to lead the knicks to the motherland!!

3 way trade them fuck niggas RJ Barret, Julius Randle, Mitchell Robinson and Fournier and Obi

At a glance but I can’t keep starting Rob Williams and I need depth in the frontcourt with horford being on his way out and Blake being useless

I’m also getting Gallinari the next season which helps a bit

Duarte had a bad season but I need a guy who can score (who did pretty well his rookie season in limited mins)

it’s probably not the sexiest trade for Jaylen

Think they need to get a ball handler back? I would just start Brogdon instead

Back