Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has breakout potential but idk if you’re going to see it this year with all these guys around him

I mean maybe

I understandably didn’t watch much rockets but idk how you breakout with Green/FVV/Jabari/brooks/amen/Eason

Hopefully we lean into running the offense through him more but idk how its going work or what the pecking order after Jalen Green is going to be

Honestly I'm not even too worried about that though honestly, I think Udoka will try to use him similar to how they ran offense through Horford in Boston

I'm much more concerned about how he hold up defensively.....if that doesn't work thank everything else is pretty much irrelevant

Last edited:
The lesson in all this is next time if you’re a star player don’t specify that you only want to play for ____ because teams will get petty and play hardball with your only choice. Last year it was Donovan Mitchell this year it’s Dame.

Breakout
usatsi_19122257_168388689_lowres.jpg
Not if Mo bamba can help it lol

I understand perfectly

You are too invested and despite you trying to play it cool this entire time, you had been hoping the trade was going to happen and that it would be to Miami.

I don't say this as a slight to you but I do get it
oh I think you took what I said seriously lol

Hopefully we lean into running the offense through him more but idk how its going work or what the pecking order after Jalen Green is going to be

Honestly I'm not even too worried about that though honestly, I think Udoka will try to use him similar to how they ran offense through Horford in Boston

I'm much more concerned about how he hold up defensively.....if that doesn't work thank everything else is pretty much irrelevant
I think the way the team is structured there’s no large Avenue for sengun to be utilized to his full potential which I think is with a decent usage rate and being the secondary playmaker

It would work Imo if him, Jabari, and green were the clear cut three best players with everyone being a step down

But with Amen FVV, Brooks, and others it’s murky

This might be the same post again by me now that I think about it lol

Defensively I can’t speak on it

I think the way the team is structured there’s no large Avenue for sengun to be utilized to his full potential which I think is with a decent usage rate and being the secondary playmaker

It would work Imo if him, Jabari, and green were the clear cut three best players with everyone being a step down

But with Amen FVV, Brooks, and others it’s murky

This might be the same post again by me not that I think about it lol

Defensively I can’t speak on it

Pretty much the way I was thinking. They have way too many folks who fancy themselves as shooters.

Porter Jr. Being an idiot helped thin the herd, but it’s still too many folks who will command the basketball. If Udoka is half the coach many think he is, they will definitely let Sengun do more on the offensive end.

If Alpren doesn’t improve on defense like @southsil4lil already stated, none of that will matter anyway. Lmao

Pretty much the way I was thinking. They have way too many folks who fancy themselves as shooters.

Porter Jr. Being an idiot helped thin the herd, but it’s still too many folks who will command the basketball. If Udoka is half the coach many think he is, they will definitely let Sengun do more on the offensive end.

If Alpren doesn’t improve on defense like @southsil4lil already stated, none of that will matter anyway. Lmao

Not only does Porter Jr not being there make the roles a bit more defined...it should definitely help Senguns specifically

They didn't fuck with each other at all and Porter Jr would constantly freeze him out

Sengun was benched in favor of Bruno Fernando so KPJ would have a lob threat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back