Luka
O-max
Hardy (who I swear I forgot existed)
DJJ
Lively
Grant Williams

I’m going to watch a lot of mavs games

Gonna put haters like south to shame
None of this will mattwr without an elite rim protector.

guards gonna run right past Kyrie and Luka so thete needs to a guy behind them that scares driver.

They dont got that.

Playin team imo. 7-8 seed.

Between

Kyrie
Luka
O-max
Hardy (who I swear I forgot existed)
DJJ
Lively
Grant Williams

I’m going to watch a lot of mavs games

Gonna put haters like south to shame

None of this will mattwr without an elite rim protector.

guards gonna run right past Kyrie and Luka so thete needs to a guy behind them that scares driver.

They dont got that.

Playin team imo. 7-8 seed.

Lively?

@Sony Montana

Former Madison Memorial standout basketball player Wesley Matthews will be one of six Marquette University athletes inducted into the M Club Hall of Fame. Matthews, who also twice played for the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA, attended Marquette from 2006-2009 and ranks among the top 10 in five career categories including scoring. He helped the Golden Eagles to 94 wins, four NCAA tournament appearances and was named All-Big East Second Team as a senior.

– via Madison 365
IMG_5387.jpeg

@Sony Montana

Yall really expect Lively to come in and contribute to winning basketball for a team with high expectations his rookie year?
Lol I was waiting for this

My response really was just telling AZTG there is a rim protector on the team

Really multiple if you include Holmes

I think having a rim protector is overstated when a guy like bam averages less than a block for his career and Miami is fine

As a somewhat extreme example

That rim protector thing is also overstated from him as the guys I mentioned were brought in for the whole “opposing players blowing past” Kyrie and the Don anyways

But In short, idk man he might thrive defensively in the 9 mins he’s out there

I mean I hope so

I think having a rim protector is overstated when a guy like bam averages less than a block for his career and Miami is fine

That rim protector thing is also overstated from him as the guys I mentioned were brought in for the whole “opposing players blowing past” Kyrie and the Don anyways

I mean I hope so
I go back to my point.

I said elite rim protector.

Livey can show me hes an elite rim protector on a team with two horrible defenders.

Until then they dont an elite rim protector

I go back to my point.

I said elite rim protector.

Livey can show me hes an elite rim protector on a team with two horrible defenders.

Until then they dont an elite rim protector
Oh now it needs to be an elite rim protector lol

How many elite rim protectors are in the league btw?

Oh now it needs to be an elite rim protector lol

How many elite rim protectors are in the league btw?
Exactly.

Not many in the league.

But how many teams need one as bad Dallas?

You said rim protectors are overrated. For the most part I agree. But the way Dallas is built, they need one.

When you have Luka and Kyrie out there, even if have a great wing defender and a great defending 4 out there, they gon need to force opposing players to drive towards an elite rim protector.

Maybe J Kidd can come up with a defensive scheme to hide Kyrie and Luka on defense without an elite rim protector (lol) but as a betting man im expecting their defense to be ass.

Rooting for them though. My girl a Mavs fan so im gon have to watch alot of their games.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Not many in the league.

But how many teams need one as bad Dallas?

You said rim protectors are overrated. For the most part I agree. But the way Dallas is built, they need one.

When you have Luka and Kyrie out there, even if have a great wing defender and a great defending 4 out there, they gon need to force opposing players to drive towards an elite rim protector.

My J Kidd can come up with a defensive scheme to hide Kyrie and Luka on defense without an elite rim protector (lol) but as a betting man im expecting their defense to be ass.

Rooting for them though. My girl a Mavs fan so im gon have to watch alot of their games.
With

DJJ
Grant williams
Maxi kleber
Lively
Prosper
Green

All on the roster I think you putting way too much emphasis on a rim protector

To add to this, There won’t be a liability at C regardless unless you count Dwight Powell as one

I mean I hope so

Richaun Holmes is a rim protector?

Bam is an elite defender and deters people from even going to the rim and putting up shots around him

Blocks aren't always a good indication of rim protection

I think Lively will be ok in a couple of years but relying on rookie center to be a positive and contribute defensively is asking a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back