Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t report to blazers camp if I was Mr Dolla but whatevs

It’ll get done regardless

Just hope it happens before camp to get used to his teammates and get acclimated quicker

Do teams realize shit like this kills their rep with players? Portland already could never get anybody to go there. Now seeing them be this petty with arguably their best player in team history would definitely put a red flag up if I'm a FA and they wanna talk

Do teams realize shit like this kills their rep with players? Portland already could never get anybody to go there. Now seeing them be this petty with arguably their best player in team history would definitely put a red flag up if I'm a FA and they wanna talk
maybe they’re banking on sharpe and Scoot to attract players in a handful of years

Hey it’s a bold strategy cotton let’s see if it works out for them

What they got to lose then by trying to get more

Nosign.

Dame signed the extension knowing Portland is not attractive for FA's.

Portland showed commitment to him by giving him all that money.

Dame got injured. So his injury is part of the reason why they drafted Scoot in the first place.

Portland doesn't want to give away their best player ever for Tyler Herro. That ain't being petty. That's called wanting more on your investment.

The only thing they owe Dame is his money he signed for.

Portland is not the bad guy in this situation.

Nosign.

Dame signed the extension knowing Portland is not attractive for FA's.

Portland showed commitment to him by giving him all that money.

Dame got injured. So his injury is part of the reason why they drafted Scoot in the first place.

Portland doesn't want to give away their best player ever for Tyler Herro. That ain't being petty. That's called wanting more on your investment.

The only thing they owe Dame is his money he signed for.

Portland is not the bad guy in this situation.

Portland is basically holding a player hostage on a team who has both privately and publicly said he doesn't wanna be a part of. If Portland is trying to invest in a new era then it's counter productive to have that kind of energy in your locker room and around your younger players. That's not to say Dame will pull a Harden and show up out of shape and phone it in but simply knowing that the best player doesn't want to be there will create tension in that locker room. Portland may not be the bad guy but they're not making the smartest decision for the long term betterment of their team

Portland is basically holding a player hostage on a team who has both privately and publicly said he doesn't wanna be a part of. If Portland is trying to invest in a new era then it's counter productive to have that kind of energy in your locker room and around your younger players.
You don't trade Dame for Herro if you're trying to invest in a new era. The Portland players are basically being told that Dame doesn't want to play with them. If anything he will be the uncomfortable one in the locker room.

That shit is overblown. Ain't nobody turning down millions cause Dame don't fuck with the team lol. If you build properly and take care of the players that are there they will be happy to stay and others will come but there's a lot of variables that come into play.

That shit is overblown. Ain't nobody turning down millions cause Dame don't fuck with the team lol. If you build properly and take care of the players that are there they will be happy to stay and others will come but there's a lot of variables that come into play.

Nah you can't underestimate the fact that a team actually has to want to play together. I ain't talking about being friends or cool I'm simply talking playing. The aspect of people being able to work together is often overlooked as part of what actually makes some teams work vs others

Portland is basically holding a player hostage on a team who has both privately and publicly said he doesn't wanna be a part of. If Portland is trying to invest in a new era then it's counter productive to have that kind of energy in your locker room and around your younger players. That's not to say Dame will pull a Harden and show up out of shape and phone it in but simply knowing that the best player doesn't want to be there will create tension in that locker room. Portland may not be the bad guy but they're not making the smartest decision for the long term betterment of their team
Lol at holding him hostage. He wanted to play with McCollum and nurkic long term so the team locked them in. Then dame signed a super max contract extension. They don't perform so the team needs to blow it up but they can't blow it up because Dame doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and they move McCollum in a retool move, that also doesn't work, they add jerami grant, that's not enough and Dame still doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and wants them to add to roster by trading young players and picks for another star to go with him and grant. No one bites, dame meets with team to discuss future, grant is a free agent and they can't let him walk for nothing in a bare market so he runs it up and inks a ridiculous long term deal, Dame then requests trade.

Now Dame is being held hostage because he demanded a trade to 1 out of 30 teams capping the value Portland can get back. Gave that mf everything now he doesn't want to stand on what he stood on and he's the victim. Poor guy lol.

Nah you can't underestimate the fact that a team actually has to want to play together. I ain't talking about being friends or cool I'm simply talking playing. The aspect of people being able to work together is often overlooked as part of what actually makes some teams work vs others
I was talking about it affecting their rep and players wanting to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back