Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
They overpaid for him I agree there. He fits next to Trae because Trae is very good off the ball, so Murray will play make to set up Trae on drive and kicks, Murray takes pressure off Trae with ball handling and facilitating and just another shot creator in general. He’s big enough to guard 1’s, 2’s and some 3’s, he’s not a superstar or an all star but he does what’s asked of him.

Trae Young SHOULD be good off ball but he hasn't shown that yet.....thats been a big part of the problem in Atlanta.......

Must be, I've never hear anyone describe Trae as a good off ball player

He used to get a lot of comparisons to Steph Curry and this was one of the biggest differences in their game
He’s used a lot in the catch and shoot game. And he defers to others when needed.

Lol, I am your comrade when it comes to Trae, but his catch and shoot game is not the hill to die on. He has one of the lowest catch and shoot attempts on the Hawks.
He has one of the highest catch and shoot attempts percentage wise in the league though.

They overpaid for him I agree there. He fits next to Trae because Trae is very good off the ball, so Murray will play make to set up Trae on drive and kicks, Murray takes pressure off Trae with ball handling and facilitating and just another shot creator in general. He’s big enough to guard 1’s, 2’s and some 3’s, he’s not a superstar or an all star but he does what’s asked of him.
DJ isn’t effectively guarding 3’s or bigger 2’s. He is a really good off ball defender in the sense that he is good at timing passes to get a steal or getting defensive rebounds though.

He definitely helps take some pressure off Young on the offensive side if Synder draws up some good sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back