Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, they really need to stop with this “His best years were under Doc Rivers” crap. Redick was pretty much the same player during his “prime” (about 8 years) under multiple coaches and multiple teams. His real “best” years were his 2 years with the Sixers under Brett Brown.
He broke out with the Clippers mainly playing under Doc. There is some truth to what Austin is saying.

He broke out with the Clippers mainly playing under Doc. There is some truth to what Austin is saying.
Lol, that’s not true. His last year in Orlando was pretty much the template for most of his prime. Hell, that JJ was averaging 4.4 assists a game. Best of his career.

Doc is a good coach, but let’s not give him credit for shit that was going to happen anyway.

Lol, that’s not true. His last year in Orlando was pretty much the template for most of his prime. Hell, that JJ was averaging 4.4 assists a game. Best of his career.

Doc is a good coach, but let’s not give him credit for shit that was going to happen anyway.
He gets credit for nothing except when players don’t pan out and team failure, Copy.

I heard an interesting idea to kinda fix the dunk contest.

Have all the teams submit one candidate for the competition and have a group pick the best players from the group to dunk in the all star competition.

So, maybe have folks submit video of their pregame or practice dunks to a committee that isn’t gonna be judges for actual contest.

JJ's career has nothing to do with Doc being booty boogers when it matters. No one is above criticism . Shouldn't matter if you played for or with the person. Call it like you see it but be ready to deal with the backlash that comes with it.

The irony lmao.

Have all the teams submit one candidate for the competition and have a group pick the best players from the group to dunk in the all star competition.

So, maybe have folks submit video of their pregame or practice dunks to a committee that isn’t gonna be judges for actual contest.
That's an interesting direction actually

The month prior to the All Star weekend certain teams should get a 16th roster spot. If your team has a participant in the dunk contest, they can be on the roster for that month leading to the dunk contest. The NBA can provide some incentive for teams wanting a representative. The 16th spot should be reserved for a non-NBA player or g-league player; someone that is a great dunk artist.

Every all star competition should be filled by the all stars that were chosen for the game. The main complaint is there is too many regular niggas being showcased. Nobody cares about the last man off the bench doing J.R. Rider dunks. The weekend is supposed to showcase the best in the league not a fringe NBA dude.

Or stars in the league can sign up and do better dunks

I think most people don’t give a shit if the dunkers are stars or not. They just want to see a good dunk contest. The last great dunk contest was the one’s with Lavine and Gordon. Neither one of those guys are stars. If you want to call Zach a (if he is, he is a low rung one) star, I guess you could, but Gordon is a role player.

Being a star doesn’t mean much with this type of contest. A lot of stars aren’t contest type dunkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back