Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to throw any aspirations of making the play-in tournament in the bushes and start pivoting towards next season

Rockets have about 30 games to reassess and make some decisions before this summer

We had a good start and I think at our core this is playoff/playin team but injuries and fucking around with Jalen Green sealed our fate

Amen, Tari and Cam all should be getting looks in the starting lineup

Man, i really hope i dont get to where u guys are. I watch Pistons, Hornets, and even the Wizards on a regular basis and still enjoy this shit. I like today's game. It's not as homogeneous as u guys are making it out to be.
I like todays game too. Lets not go extreme in either direction.

Im not saying lets go back to Ewing in the paint.

All Im saying is its too easy to score right now which is making the game boring. You touch a players jersey and they blowing the whistle. This makes it so players flop and get calls too.

everyone in the league is averaging 20. Multiple players averaging 30+

Its ok to talk about this not being healthy in the long run without getting defensive

All Im saying is its too easy to score right now which is making the game boring. You touch a players jersey and they blowing the whistle. This makes it so players flop and get calls too.
Lol, this is why I avoid these conversations bcos u guys make up stuff to justify how u “feel” about the game. Free throws have been on the decline for decades now. The four lowest-foul seasons on record are also the four most recent seasons.

Magic 5th in defense and 24th on defense

I know people hate Jonathan Isaac but dude is still excellent defensively after all the injuries and he's starting to close games too

Orlando has a championship level defense, they to get a lot better offensively though

I don't think there's a move I want to see happen more than Anfernee Simons to the Magic....I don't like the Trae Young fit

Shits nasty. Never thought I’d see the day I’d watch games passively. Be having games on as background noise. League pass has been a waste of bread for me this year ion watch none of this shit like I used to.
*legal* Streaming are my best friends lol, imo as a nigga in his 20's i do feel like the game is dying, players are soft , weak call by refs , offense gaining more exposures like for example even when you watch youtube videos , you'll see more prioritizing about "flashy moves" besides real fundamental.
The amount of guards who can't even shoot a proper mid-range shot but rather take a side step three point shot is ridiculous.
Even some bigs doesn't have basic post moves nowadays.
I only watch basketball because of russ and the only team i watch is clippers, once he retires i'll probably go back to root for okc or maybe don't watch basketball at all.

Oh yeah let’s get into how phenomenal

Deandre Ayton
Robert Williams
Malcolm Brogdon

Have been for the blazers…

Fuckin dickhead lol

This was essentially a lost year for the Blazers....Shaedon Sharpe, Scoot Henderson and Anfernee Simons all missed a lot of time with injuries

Sharpe basically done for this season with core muscle surgery was an underrated story

Nba defense is broken. Not sure how we find the happy medium for those of us moving into the washed stage. 10 more years this shit not gonna be for us anymore. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Not rewarding flopping is a start

Lol, this is why I avoid these conversations bcos u guys make up stuff to justify how u “feel” about the game. Free throws have been on the decline for decades now. The four lowest-foul seasons on record are also the four most recent seasons.
Total opposite fam. Talking to you bout this is like talking to @AP2.5 about the Pelicans.

Lmaooo. You can love something and still criticize it.

Case in point, I never said theres more fts, and that there should be less. I said they calling fouls for ticky tacky ass shit which causing players to flop cause they know theyll get the call.

All in all, you allowed to like what you like fam. Im not even saying that to joke. You allowed to love what you watching and I respect it.

That said, we in this thread who aint casual fans are mostly saying the game aint healthy right now and there needs to be balance to slow offenses, then imo that needs to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back