Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about them outsourcing the dunk comp but it's hustling backwards.

The problem is that they let the dunk competition become the biggest part of Allstar weekend. They need to switch the format up for Allstar Saturday. Can't keep doing the same shit over and over hoping for a different result.
3 on 3 game fullcourt to 21

Dunk contest

3pt contest

Also on Friday have a celebrity game with interesting celebs like

Shannon sharpe
Katt williams
Joe Budden
Sydney Sweeney
Timothee chalamat (whatever)
Micheal B Jordan
Meg the stallion

Or have a NBA media basketball game

3 on 3 game fullcourt to 21

Dunk contest

3pt contest

Also on Friday have a celebrity game with interesting celebs like

Shannon sharpe
Katt williams
Joe Budden
Sydney Sweeney
Timothee chalamat (whatever)
Micheal B Jordan
Meg the stallion

Or have a NBA media basketball game
Inserting Joe budden is fucking nasty lmao but I'll bite on some of the rest.

I'd probably get the celebrity game out the way completely lol.

Move...Skills comp, Dunk contest, 3pt competition to Friday. Insert your 3on3 but make it a legacy competition. Teams would consist of 4 players. 1 allstar or current player for said city, a g league player for said city, a retired player for said city, a wnba player for said city and a celeb coach.

move rookie-soph game to Saturday and rotate formats year to year so one year world vs USA another east young stars vs west another do a draft pool. Keep it fresh and interesting but focus should be on new talent not old. Also add 3rd yr players to the player pool. Do repeat of the steph/Sabrina shoot out where the last 3pt champs from each league every year face off against each other at halftime.

Players are not doing no 1 on 1 tournament. Imagine a role player frying an all star?

Giannis is talking about doing the 3 point contest. But no mention of the dunk contest.

Y’all can’t have it both ways. We want the stars but then make fun of them for their dunks.
Change the Shooting stars into a 1 on 1 tourney

Checkmate. But even 20 years ago the 2nd tier stars had no problems participating. The Jason Richardson’s and Shawn Marion’s and Richard Jefferson’s while not superstars were still big enough names. Now the equivalent of those players don’t want to do it either.

Those rookies probably turned it down. If money isn’t enough of an incentive I don’t know what else will.
More money.

NBA dunk contest prize money​

Here is how the prize money is distributed:

• First place: $105,000
  • Second place: $55,000
  • Third place: $20,000
  • Fourth place: $20,000

NBA 3-point contest prize money​

Here is how the prize money is distributed:

• First place: $60,000
  • Second place: $40,000
  • Third place: $25,000
  • Fourth place: $15,000
  • Fifth place: $15,000
  • Sixth place: $15,000
  • Seventh place: $15,000
  • Eighth place: $10,000
They bugging. Bump up the money and the players will participate.

Inserting Joe budden is fucking nasty lmao but I'll bite on some of the rest.

I'd probably get the celebrity game out the way completely lol.

Move...Skills comp, Dunk contest, 3pt competition to Friday. Insert your 3on3 but make it a legacy competition. Teams would consist of 4 players. 1 allstar or current player for said city, a g league player for said city, a retired player for said city, a wnba player for said city and a celeb coach.

move rookie-soph game to Saturday and rotate formats year to year so one year world vs USA another east young stars vs west another do a draft pool. Keep it fresh and interesting but focus should be on new talent not old. Also add 3rd yr players to the player pool. Do repeat of the steph/Sabrina shoot out where the last 3pt champs from each league every year face off against each other at halftime.
lol tried to think of relevant ppl

Joe would make it entertaining though

But asking guys to play on Thursday and then fly to Indy and do a dunk or 3pt contest off the rip seems ehh

Why would you make a legacy 3 on 3 game when the big 3 league exists

1 vs 1 wouldn’t happen so I think 3 vs 3 would be better plus it expands the field of players while cutting down on time

too lazy to dig into the rest of your post though

lol tried to think of relevant ppl

Joe would make it entertaining though

But asking guys to play on Thursday and then fly to Indy and do a dunk or 3pt contest off the rip seems ehh

Why would you make a legacy 3 on 3 game when the big 3 league exists

1 vs 1 wouldn’t happen so I think 3 vs 3 would be better plus it expands the field of players while cutting down on time

too lazy to dig into the rest of your post though
Don't ask them to play on the Thursday then.

The NBA isn't associated with big3 and the big3.

No player or team is interested in risking reputation or injury for an competitive 3on3 competition.

Thanks for playing.

Don't ask them to play on the Thursday then.

The NBA isn't associated with big3 and the big3.

No player or team is interested in risking reputation or injury for an competitive 3on3 competition.

Thanks for playing.
Don’t pull a me on me again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back