Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped 30 in 9 of his last 12 before tonight. One of the 3 missed before tonight was also a 29 point game. No OG, no Randle. Points gotta come from somewhere.
I feel ya but a lot of times coaches won't leave a single star out there by himself or since they were shorthanded, a blowout was possible.

I feel ya but a lot of times coaches won't leave a single star out there by himself or since they were shorthanded, a blowout was possible.

I understand. But Thibs coaches that team fam. Look at what happened tonight. We’ve had blowout after blowout since the OG trade and the starters aren’t sitting for nothing. Not a blowout, not a back to back, not a bump/bruise, not a nuclear fallout. And two of our top contributors are out?

You may have a slim chance at rest if we’re up 30 going into the 4th but that pretty much happened yesterday and Thibs put everyone back in after Charlotte made the slimmest of runs.

Injuries, schedule (recent and upcoming), seeding, coaching philosophies, player trends, team trends, etc.

Gotta understand all of these dynamics when dealing with these parlays.

I hope this league and you fans are happy now. Yall went crazy on this man, and had NO clue the extent of his injuries. Dude was CLEARLY hurt, and had ZERO business being out there on the court tonight.

Fuck that MVP award. He doesn’t need to play again until after the All-Star break.

I'll start by saying idk what the right solution is.

i really like the idea of playing a minimum of 65 games to be eligible for an award. I think thats good.

But tying millions of dollars to that is bad.

Like take Embiid. Everyone is like MVP dont matter. And its like ok cool. But MVP isnt just a legacy building award, its probably mad incentives in his contract if he wins it. We talking millions.

And for younger players, year end awards are tied to if they can get a super max or not.

We talking about tens of millions it costing them.

I like the idea of players not getting awards to put on their resumes if they dont play 60-65 games a season. All that is cool to me.

I just dont like it costing players this much money.

If you're a fan of the visiting team and there's only one game you can see when it comes to town a year and that star player from that team never plays cause of rest, why should that fan feel sorry said player is not going to be eligible for season awards.

People are shook because they know Embiid is the MVP that’s why they’re counting down how many games he has left to miss.
Its fair for Embiid to not win MVP if hes not gonna play 65 games.

Its mad folks hoping he wins it. And mad folks hoping he doesnt wins it. Just like every year with every winner and runner up.

This aint special to Embiid.

Just dont fix it costing him money and the rest is all fair to me.

Its fair for Embiid to not win MVP if hes not gonna play 65 games.

Its mad folks hoping he wins it. And mad folks hoping he doesnt wins it. Just like every year with every winner and runner up.

This aint special to Embiid.

Just dont fix it costing him money and the rest is all fair to me.
It’s funny how we get this rule change immediately after he won it last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back