Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Before last season I made a post about how Trey Murphy supplanting Herb Jones in the starting lineup was inevitable and necessary because of the spacing

Ultimately I still think that's what happens.....but Herb up to 36% shooting from 3 on 3.5 attempts per game

Minutes per game up and usage rate up......traditional stats are up across the board as well as his overall efficiency

True shooting up to 66%

always heard he was a gym rat and had great work ethic....very impressive

Cavs two big free agent signings been performing at the opposite ends of the spectrum

Max Strus been everything the Cavs could've hoped for and then some

Played everygame and bombing damn near 8 three's per game on 38% shooting

Meanwhile Georges Niang been struggling to get going....shooting below 40% from 3 for the first time in 6 years, 35% isn't horrible but it's not what they signed him for

Man I add a whole thing typed out about Nikola Vucevic this season and deleted everything

I'm not a Bulls fan and it made me depressed

Ill just say yall would be much better starting Andre Drummond at this point, not even joking

Last edited:
Before last season I made a post about how Trey Murphy supplanting Herb Jones in the starting lineup was inevitable and necessary because of the spacing

Ultimately I still think that's what happens.....but Herb up to 36% shooting from 3 on 3.5 attempts per game

Minutes per game up and usage rate up......traditional stats are up across the board as well as his overall efficiency

True shooting up to 66%

always heard he was a gym rat and had great work ethic....very impressive
You been in pelicans business unauthorized for a min. I need to see your credentials.

But in all seriousness, I think you're putting way too much stock into starting vs not starting with this particular team.

I care more about who finishes. Herb has earned where he is in the rotation both starting and finishing. Trey is more than likely finishing also situation dependant

But in all seriousness, I think you're putting way too much stock into starting vs not starting with this particular team.

I care more about who finishes. Herb has earned where he is in the rotation both starting and finishing. Trey is more than likely finishing also situation dependant

I just believe in Trey Murphy that much, like I think he can be a borderline allstar.....I really fuck with Herb Jones but he just doesn't have the upside or ceiling that Murphy does

Trey is two years younger and he's better right now and I think you should be playing your best players the most minutes and it's hard to do that coming off the bench

Herb playing really well right now though and Trey coming off an injury so it's not even big deal....but I just think where Trey starting should and will be the end point

I just believe in Trey Murphy that much, like I think he can be a borderline allstar.....I really fuck with Herb Jones but he just doesn't have the upside or ceiling that Murphy does

Trey is two years younger and he's better right now and I think you should be playing your best players the most minutes and it's hard to do that coming off the bench

Herb playing really well right now though and Trey coming off an injury so it's not even big deal....but I just think where Trey starting should and will be the end point
I really think matchups and health will ultimately determine what happens with those two but as someone who has watched both of them extensively, herbs ability to guard the opposing teams best player while also being a facilitator at times is huge. He has continued to improve on offense so teams, at least for now can no longer just leave him in a corner unaccounted for.

I want Herb on Luka, Booker, KD, Fox, etc... Trey can be really good on defense as well but Herb he is not. But again, Trey pre injury was logging a lot of minutes. I think that will still continue as they ease him back into playing.

And I care more about how they stagger minutes and rotations vs who starts

I really think matchups and health will ultimately determine what happens with those two but as someone who has watched both of them extensively, herbs ability to guard the opposing teams best player while also being a facilitator at times is huge. He has continued to improve on offense so teams, at least for now can no longer just leave him in a corner unaccounted for.

I want Herb on Luka, Booker, KD, Fox, etc... Trey can be really good on defense as well but Herb he is not. But again, Trey pre injury was logging a lot of minutes. I think that will still continue as they ease him back into playing.

And I care more about how they stagger minutes and rotations vs who starts

I feel you, its a good situation to be in and understand why you wouldn't want to take Herb out of the starting lineup, just a personal opinion and more to do with how much I believe in Trey Murphys potential

Back