Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also @southsil4lil what you think the outlook on Jalen is? Like I said last night I had different expectations for the youngin. We only 10 games in but idk if we’ll ever see that consistent scoring I was talkin bout.

Would've like to see him take more of a leap and be more consistent with his scoring.....the inability to finish at the rim and get to the free throw line is a real concern, no reason to be that athletic and that bad at the rim

The good thing is he's made improvements in other areas that still allow him to have an impact when he's not scoring....the defense and playmakimg have been much better....but with that being said we drafted him to score

Dude is only 21 and lost valuable development time under Silas so it's not time to write him off yet but the expectations of him being a true number 1 option should probably be tempered

@#1hiphopjunki3 do you like what you've seen from the Wemby experience so far?

This has nothing to do with him as a prospect....but moreso how San Antonio is using him and what they're doing around him
They aren’t really drawing up many plays to get him anything on the offensive end and they are letting him do whatever he wants on that side of the ball. Pop said before the season began that he was trying to see what he is good and comfortable at doing and they would adjust accordingly. It definitely looks like Pop wasn’t lying about that too. Lol.

I understand the logic behind Pop’s thinking because he has never had a player like this before and it’s easier to assess what a player is actually good at in game time situations. Not too mention the player can see 1st hand also.

Defensively I love the logic behind letting him guard the worse offensive player and roam. He definitely has to be smarter on closing out on some 3 point shooters, but other than that he has been pretty good on that side of the ball in my opinion.

I’m not a fan of letting Sochan be the de facto point guard starter, but once again I understand the logic behind what Pop is thinking. He is literally playing the best 5 players together to see how the mesh, not to mention it’s sadly probably the most versatile as far as offensively and defensively.

What I think they should do with Victor on the offensive side, especially when Jeremy is playing the 1, is draw up more flare screens and down picks for Victor to get him looks around the free throw line or inside the arc at the elbow areas. His mid range jumper is better than his 3 point shot and it could get him more mismatch’s. It could also put him in a situation to face up against bigs, (if they are good at maneuvering around screens) closer to the hoop and on the go, so he could take advantage of his dribble drive game in shorter distances. Basically I think having him come off screens like a taller Richard Hamilton would fit perfectly into what he likes to do and get possible mismatches or open mid range jumpers.

He should also spend more time with Jones who is better at breaking down defenses and finding him and getting him the ball correctly when he has deep post positions. Jeremy isn’t a good lob or over the top passer . Shit, the best passer to big guys in the starting line up is Zach Collins. He does a better job of not throwing the ball at Victor’s feet out of that group and he tries to get Victor the ball when he has deep post position or mismatches more frequently than the other guys.

I hope Pop will start drawing up more offensive plays around game 20 for Victor and try to get him to chill with shooting so many 3 point shots. I can understand him shooting some if he has his jumper going after hitting a few mid range shots or he has a wide open decent ranged 3 though.

I understand it’s a work in progress and I’ve really liked a decent amount of what I’ve seen of him. I think a lot of the guys just truly don’t know how to get the guy the ball in good spots and that gets him to start trying to do to much on the offensive side of the ball. I watched every game last season and watched about 15 to 18 in person, so I knew we needed a lot of talent to be better. We are getting every teams best shot because of Victor, unlike last season. It’s a reason why in the draft I always hoped we would trade back in to get certain players. Lmao.

Sorry for the long reply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back