Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

Its a strange culture, like I get it football is mad tribal... Your town against our town, two clubs in one city... our team is better than your team etc... And alot of clubs started off as work teams or social clubs spanning over 100 years old...

Having segregated fans also makes it more cliquey and makes people brave in numbers...

Sports are fun and family originated in America and football/soccer is just so different in Europe and South America... Like if you pick up a team like they do in American sports and move it across the country you would literally cause a civil war, like there would be uprisings...

Soccer in Europe and South America is just different... People bring their families too but kids are basically given a blood oath to support their family team its that deep lol

With that being said, with social media and celeb culture now etc I think kids in Europe are a little less tribal than pre 00's, abit like American sports, fans now often support players (ronaldo, messi, neymar etc)...
There is plenty of fighting between fans at US sports events. I think this year was probably the worst it’s been in terms of fans fighting each other.

The difference is, in the US it’s not organized hooliganism, it’s just two individual drunk fools, from opposite sides, fighting each other.

@Infamous114 what's your thoughts on hansi flick. You will be playing all out attack In every match
Loved what he did with Bayern, but his Germany tenure wasn't the greatest but I think Germany's talent has gotten worse over the years compared to like a decade ago. I just need our defending to get a lot better. Its so easy to break us down, especially in transition. We still need a Busquets replacement

Senegal V2 is hanging on against Cape Verde
They just need to slow it down when they get in front of goal.

Back