Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the clubs moaning about injuries 'PlaYerS ArE BEing ForCED to PlAY TOO MuCH FOotBall' and yet want another competition lol are they gonna dead off the CL for it or is the plan to play another competition on top of their currently workload???

My issue with it is theres no relegation right??? Its basically exclusively by invite only to 'the big clubs'...

Pretty sure we will get bored of the same 6 or 8 teams playing eachother all the time...

edit: just watched the video, I see theyve changed the format from the last proposal couple years back, so there is relegation etc so does it tie in with each clubs own domestic competition??? I still dont think they will get enough teams to make it interesting...

Last edited:
All the clubs moaning about injuries 'PlaYerS ArE BEing ForCED to PlAY TOO MuCH FOotBall' and yet want another competition lol are they gonna dead off the CL for it or is the plan to play another competition on top of their currently workload???

My issue with it is theres no relegation right??? Its basically exclusively by invite only to 'the big clubs'...

Pretty sure we will get bored of the same 6 or 8 teams playing eachother all the time...

edit: just watched the video, I see theyve changed the format from the last proposal couple years back, so there is relegation etc so does it tie in with each clubs own domestic competition??? I still dont think they will get enough teams to make it interesting...
It's being made so they can get that Asian and American money. They believe that those fans already root for those 6 to 8 teams, so they wouldn't care if they see them all of the time.

I reckon the boredom would set in quickly similar to how it has for international football outside of the major tournaments.

The gap in revenue between the Premier League and the other top European leagues is already huge and set to grow bigger, so this is the big roll of the dice from the big European teams in competing.

Last edited:
It's being made so they can get that Asian and American money. They believe that those fans already root for those 6 to 8 teams, so they wouldn't care if they see them all of the time.

Ive seen the Saudi teams even with Ronaldo, Benzema, Mane, Neymar etc in them only get 200 fans a game lol seeing the Saudi and Chinese teams get hammered by Real or Barca will get old quick...

I reckon the boredom would set in quickly similar to how it has for international football outside of the major tournaments.

The gap between the Premier League and the other top European leagues is already huge and set to grow bigger, so this is the big roll of the dice from the big European teams in competing.

Yeah I have zero interest in international football outside of the Euro and World Cup finals... The other clubs in Saudi and China who want to take part in the Super League need to grow their own leagues first, otherwise they will just get relegated right???

I dunno, Ive not looked into the format and I still dont know how the UEFA Nations League work lol

Everton fans sometimes have a big problem when it comes to Liverpool. First, they were all pissed off at Onana for missing the pen to get us to the semis. Now they see that Fulham has to play them, they are happy that he missed. We are never going to beat Liverpool or win a trophy if we keep up with that attitude.

So it basically replaces the champions League

This format of the ESL as explained in the video replaces and competes to make obsolete the UEFA Champions League most definitely.

It also makes Europa league and Europa Conference league redundant with their own format of Star (UCL equiv), Gold (UEL equiv) and Blue (UECL equiv).

The video already stated that this would work alongside the clubs domestic leagues.

What they've done is make it into a semi closed shop at the top in the "Star" league as only 2 teams can get relegated from it at any given point each year. So basically once you're in it, you're in it. You don't have to worry about qualifying via your domestic league.

If you somehow drop out of the Star league to the Gold league, then you gotta at minimum reach the final of the Gold league to get back into Star league.

Blue league is where most churn of teams happen and those that qualify is by domestic league position.

So to summarise MY UNDERSTANDING of it all...

Take Man City and Brighton as Examples.

Man City:
- from inception is put into Star league.
- no matter what happens domestically e.g. finish 16th in their domestic league, the following season they are still in Star league regardless
- only criteria for them to exit the Star league is if they finish bottom two of the Star league itself. In which they get relegated to Gold league
- to get back into Star league, again domestic position doesn't matter. They simply need to reach the final of Gold league. Win or Lose in that scenario, the following season they are back in Star League

Brighton:
- they qualify for Blue league
- to get to Gold league, they need to reach the final of Blue league
- Blue league has 32 teams. Each season 20 of those 32 teams will be "circulated" i.e. only 12 teams in Blue will be remaining the following season guaranteed. The other 20 IS BASED ON THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUE POSITION
- so for Brighton to start in Blue league and make it to Star, they would need to be finalists in both Blue and Gold leagues
- this makes it a minimum 3 years journey to make it to the top, similarly a minimum 3 years for a Star league inaugurated member to fall completely out of the completion of ESL all together

It's an alternative to champions league but limiting annual meritocracy via domestic achievements (so for EPL qualifying top 4 in any given season is no guarantee to being in Star league and similarly a team like Chelsea who was in Star league but finished 12th in their domestic league doesn't automatically vacate their position from Star league either), and rewarding heritage status to those first placed into the Star League at inception.
I called it semi-closed earlier, but really a more accurate description is a door left ajar! 🤣

Last edited:
This format of the ESL as explained in the video replaces and competes to make obsolete the UEFA Champions League most definitely.

It also makes Europa league and Europa Conference league redundant with their own format of Star (UCL equiv), Gold (UEL equiv) and Blue (UECL equiv).

The video already stated that this would work alongside the clubs domestic leagues.

What they've done is make it into a semi closed shop at the top in the "Star" league as only 2 teams can get relegated from it at any given point each year. So basically once you're in it, you're in it. You don't have to worry about qualifying via your domestic league.

If you somehow drop out of the Star league to the Gold league, then you gotta at minimum reach the final of the Gold league to get back into Star.

Blue league is where most churn of teams happen and those that qualify is by domestic league position.

So to summarise MY UNDERSTANDING of it all...

Take Man City and Brighton as Examples.

Man City:
- from inception is put into Star league.
- no matter what happens domestically e.g. that finish 16th in league, the following season they are still in Star league regardless
- only criteria for them to exit the Star league is if they finish bottom two of the league. In which they get relegated to Gold league
- to get back into Star league, again domestic position doesn't matter. They simply need to reach the final of Gold league. Win or Lose in that scenario, the following season they are back in Star League

Brighton:
- they qualify for Blue league
- to get to Gold league, they need to reach the final of Blue league
- Blue league has 32 teams. Each season 20 of those 32 teams will be "circulated" i.e. only 12 teams in Blue will be remaining the following season guaranteed. The other 20 IS BASED ON THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUE POSITION
- so for Brighton to start in Blue league and make it to Star, they would need to finalists in both Blue and Gold league
- this makes it a minimum 3 years journey to make it to the top, similarly minimum 3 years for a Star league inaugurated member to fall completely out of the completion of ESL all together

It sounds ridiculous, so if City do what Chelsea did last season for instance, have a bad season and finish 12th, they still stay in the 'Star' league and play European football??? Even when in reality they should not be rewarded for failure... It waters down the prestige of European football...

Playing in Europe is supposed to be a reward and only a select few from each league should be rewarded with it each season, it shouldnt be a given...

It also makes the "race for top 4" in the Premier league completely redundant.

Again if Chelsea or Man United are in the Star league but domestically are doing mid-offs, their priority is going to be...don't get relegated from Star league to secure a spot next year, especially if it's the lucrative proposition.
It will have an impact in competitiveness to Premier league matches compared to now without doubt

It sounds ridiculous, so if City do what Chelsea did last season for instance, have a bad season and finish 12th, they still stay in the 'Star' league and play European football??? Even when in reality they should not be rewarded for failure... It waters down the prestige of European football...

Playing in Europe is supposed to be a reward and only a select few from each league should be rewarded with it each season, it shouldnt be a given...

It's currently called the "champions league" so the premise should be that you're a champion in your own domestic league of some sorts.

The new format will be a bunch of "Kings without crowns" and "Emperors in new clothes" walking butt naked like their shit don't stank!

It's currently called the "champions league" so the premise should be that you're a champion in your own domestic league of some sorts.

The new format will be a bunch of "Kings without crowns" and "Emperors in new clothes" walking butt naked like their shit don't stank!

Im fed up with multiple leagues formats too, just have your own league each season and a couple tourneys and thats it... EPL, EFL etc, the FA and League Cup and the two European tourneys, the new 3rd Conference League one needs scrapping....

It also makes the "race for top 4" in the Premier league completely redundant.

Again if Chelsea or Man United are in the Star league but domestically are doing mid-offs, their priority is going to be...don't get relegated from Star league to secure a spot next year, especially if it's the lucrative proposition.
It will have an impact in competitiveness to Premier league matches compared to now without doubt
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back