Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MLS team was a random selection of players or the best players?
I had no idea how they were selected but according to the MLS site:
Twenty-eight players will represent Major League Soccer against English Premier League side Arsenal for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target, held July 19 at D.C. United’s Audi Field.
The roster was selected through the following voting mechanisms:
  • 12 players determined by a combined vote of fan, media and players
  • 14 players selected by MLS All-Star head coach Wayne Rooney of the host team, D.C. United
  • 2 players selected by MLS Commissioner Don Garber

Plot twist. I didn’t know that. He’ll still be fine because people will move on and forget but mans chose Money Over Everything lol

Yea you kinda of forgetting the WC where he was literally the most outspoken against LBGTCDWEY+ community rights and women’s rights etc…

At the time I was like just shut the fuck up and play football…but now, he is taking the money over his “morals”

Nobody got morals when it comes to getting paid.

People will move on the same way people were so upset about zouma with the cat for about a week then he went about his business.

Fair play to Hendo in getting his 💰

@DNB1 you're right, morals go out the window when it comes to money but that's not only for individuals but organisations, companies and countries too.

Qatar so bad yet FIFA awarded them the world cup.
Qatar so bad yet England and the FA participated in the competition.
Qatar so bad yet when Harry Kane and Co wanted to wear their 🌈 colours at the world cup, and Qatar and FIFA said "nah allow it", they completely folded because they didn't want to take some yellow cards lol

Not least the Qatari own most of Canary Wharf London commercial real estate or even the Saudi owning PIF, owning English Premier League football club(s).
To even the extent that Liverpool FC also profit directly from Saudi by taking transfer fees from Fabinho and Hendo in itself.

However no-one seems to have a problem with football clubs taking Saudi money (where applicable), probably because they view it a commercial transaction and helps the fans own self-interest (eg a Liverpool LGBTQ fan may claim disappointment for Hendo taking the "bad money", but will overlook their own club for receiving the funds where it benefits their team that they support).

Let's also fundamentally not forget how the Saudis and Qatari have the wealth that they have...oil which most Western governments are also all too happy to take.
If the authoritative establishment be that it's UK government, EPL etc are all too happy to speak up against the human rights abuse, but in turn do commercial business with those nations perceived as abusing, then aren't they also funding those human rights abusers?
I mean its not like they don't have the executive decision-makers to impose sanctions like they did on Putin/Russia

Last point from me...this time next year suppose Hendo goes to a charity event (summer 2024) targeting, helping etc those suffering in whatever capacity as a result of human Rights abuse. In going to the event he contributes to the charity say £10 millon, none of those event organisers and/or charity would be saying :

" oh no we can't accept this money because you profited off over the Saudis and this is merely PR and virtue signalling to you".

Those charities will take that 💰 !

SO ...their "moral" compass should need to be reviewed ; I'm of the opinion that anyone can make-up or justify a situation to assume "it ain't all bad", or they can reverse engineer it to limit their exposure to the situation.
The UK government seemingly can talk or denounce poor human rights record in Saudi Arabia, but are also complicit to engage in financial and economic transactions for the interests of the people with that very same group. Who is to say Hendo wouldn't elect a similar position on a micro level? Can such scenario be considered mutually exclusive.. perhaps not!

I'm not saying Henderson doesn't deserve to be criticised given how vocal he's been on such matters HOWEVER a lot of the ones doing so, stay silent around even greater hypocrisies relating to the lgbtq, women and overall human rights

Am I bugging or is There’s a white woman playing for Team Nigeria

I don’t think I ve ever seen that before

Am I bugging or is There’s a white woman playing for Team Nigeria

I don’t think I ve ever seen that before
Having earlier expressed an interest in representing Nigeria at senior level in June 2021,[32] Plumptre received her first call-up for an eight-day training camp held in Austria the following month. She qualifies to play for Nigeria through her paternal grandfather, a Yoruba from Lagos.[33][4] She made an unofficial debut on 23 July 2021, starting in a 1–0 friendly win over Slovenian 1. SŽNL club Olimpija Ljubljana.[34][35] In November 2021, she attended a training camp in Nigeria. In late December 2021, she was officially cleared by FIFA to represent Nigeria.[36][37] She made her official debut on 18 February 2022, starting in a 2–0 win over Ivory Coast during 2022 Africa Women Cup of Nations qualification.[38]

On 16 June 2023, she was included in the 23-player Nigeria squad for the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup.[39]

💬 Quote of the day​

“If you have enough money you can get away with anything, including murder” - Fulham chief Tony Khan on the Saudi Premier League.

FOOTBALL​

😈 Cruz control​

20230716174943u8FX8bHA8L.jpeg

Back in the terrifying era of narco-football, Colombian cartels punished disobedient referees by kidnapping them, beating them up and leaving them naked in the wilderness.

But things are a lot more civilised these days, and Latin America’s heavy hitters seek vengeance through more formal channels.

After referee Felipe Lima oversaw Cruzeiro’s controversial cup final loss last season, the Brazilian side’s president Sérgio Santos Rodrigues began plotting his revenge.

And when he saw Lima’s wife dancing in a local nightclub, he spotted his chance.

Rodrigues sidled up to her, whispered a few sweet nothings in her ear and before long the pair were slow dancing and kissing.

ezgif.com-optimize__6_.gif

Unfortunately, the whole incident was caught on camera, but that was probably Rodrigues’ plan all along…

FOOTBALL​

🍺 Resume your life as a bastard​

398034-souleymane-diawara-lors-de-la-soiree-580x0-3.jpeg

After Souleyman Diawara left Charlton for French giants Bordeaux in 2007, his agent begged him to calm his hard-partying lifestyle.

But according to Diawara, that’s not how things panned out…

The first four months, I suck... Jean-Louis Gasset (the assistant manager) calls me, asks me what's going on.

I tell him that everything is fine, I don't go out at all, my professionalism is spot on.

And then the coach said to me: "Listen to me carefully: you will quickly resume your life as a bastard. Go out again - staying in, it's not for you. It's Thursday, it's student night. So tomorrow I want to see you hungover in training, do you understand me?"

I look at him: "Are you sure?"

We played PSG on Sunday. So, I'm having binge after binge: the music, the women, the drinks, the whole thing. The next day, I'm completely knocked out. Sunday, we win 3-0, I finish man of the match.

Gasset comes to see me and says: 'Right, this is your life! So, every Thursday night, I want to see you out'.

💉 Quick hits

💰 Man United and Spurs pay their club mascots Fred the Red and Chirpy the Cockerel £70k a year.

🧠 After managing the MLS All Stars against Arsenal, Wayne Rooney was asked what he’d learned. “Absolutely nothing,” he replied.

👑 Wonder why Harry Kane wants to go to Bayern

F1Vy6KBWABA2vZj.jpeg

💉 Quick hits

💰 Man United and Spurs pay their club mascots Fred the Red and Chirpy the Cockerel £70k a year.

🧠 After managing the MLS All Stars against Arsenal, Wayne Rooney was asked what he’d learned. “Absolutely nothing,” he replied.

👑 Wonder why Harry Kane wants to go to Bayern

F1Vy6KBWABA2vZj.jpeg

Is being a mascot a day job?
That's crazy good money just to walk around and be goofy for a couple of hours. This article is interesting, summary: https://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/2023/0...rus-paid-56-more-than-average-wsl-player/amp/

- arsenal mascot gunnersaurus makes $89k a year
- this is more than the average Women's Super League player of $57k
- denver nuggets mascot earns $625k a year (wtf?!) however average mascot salary in NBA is about $60k per year, same goes for MLB
- Red sox mascot pulls in $250k though jeez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back