Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

If all the best players end up in Saudi within the next couple of years, what happens to the CL?

Eventually money talks and you can bet 1 or 2 of the Saudi teams will be given a "wild card" into the champions league (If uefa wants to gain control of the situation that is).

Remember this is UEFA we're talking about, the organisation that's corrupt and still let Man City slip out their fingers...

FOOTBALL

💸 Scott free​

Screenshot_2023-07-13_at_15.30.05.png

When Scottish strugglers Elgin City trousered a record sponsorship deal for next season, the fourth tier club’s directors were over the moon.
Sure, they’d be massaging the ego of smug local businessman Stephen Scott, but it would mean the club could splash out on a much-needed new striker and finally fix that leaking bog in the away end.

But amid the popping bottles of Moët, one board member couldn’t resist a sly dig at the oil tycoon, and fired off an email to his colleagues proclaiming that Scott could “stick his money up his arse".

Unfortunately, he accidentally cc’ed Scott into the email, and the thin-skinned philanthropist instantly withdrew his offer, protesting “whilst I am no snowflake – there are limits.”

FOOTBALL​

👑 In for the Kyl​

ezgif.com-optimize__83_.gif

Ever since PSG granted Kylian Mbappe unprecedented power over “footballing matters”, the French forward has been swanning around Paris like a spoilt medieval princeling, humiliating his teammates and overruling club directors.

So it was fitting that the proud nation of Cameroon rolled out the red carpet for Kylian as he visited his father’s homeland this week, bestowing him with the kind of treatment they usually reserve for despotic heads of state and Chinese lithium magnates.

The French striker was transported around the country in a bulletproof SUV, accompanied by a platoon of bodyguards jogging alongside, and an armoured car that wouldn’t look out of place in a North Korean military parade.

ezgif.com-optimize__84_.gif

No wonder the power has gone to his head…

Jogging a distance for Mbappe.

Foh lol

I'm guessing they must have been in contact with him during his arrest and trial, otherwise a bit random to come out the woodwork like this...

Yes, i'm sure he kept in touch with a few of them. Regarding football, his contract with City expired june 30th. I don't know if he has a future in Europe. Even after being found not guilty, his public image is down the river right now. To be continued.

Back