Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

I might be forgetting a name or 2, but of all the returning players, Riley Kugel and Grant Nelson might be the ones whose stocks have fallen the most. Those 2 were getting first buzz last draft cycle, now I am seeing them go undrafted on a lot of mocks.

Riley Kugel is having a terrible season, no way to sugarcoat it. Grant Nelson started the season bad, but has been playing well of late.

IMG_5021.gif

Aite I was thinking should the First Team All Americans and Division 1 National Player of the Year be guaranteed to be lottery picks or at the worse draft picks?

Aite I was thinking should the First Team All Americans and Division 1 National Player of the Year be guaranteed to be lottery picks or at the worse draft picks?
Playing well in college and playing well in the NBA require 2 different skill sets, so I’d say no. Can’t force teams to take players that did well in college but will be mediocre in the NBA.

Playing well in college and playing well in the NBA require 2 different skill sets, so I’d say no. Can’t force teams to take players that did well in college but will be mediocre in the NBA.
Bro they don’t even get a chance … at least this creates a reward system for the best collegiate players

Bro they don’t even get a chance … at least this creates a reward system for the best collegiate players
NBA scouts and trainers are the best in the business. I think they can see what would make good NBA talent and what wouldn’t.

I’d love to see RJ Davis get drafted high and do well, but at best he’ll be a role player and only be in the league for a few years before going overseas. Just doesn’t have the NBA level talent.

And to be fair, many of the top players that do get drafted don’t have the talent. But teams can only select from the pool they’re given each year.

NBA scouts and trainers are the best in the business. I think they can see what would make good NBA talent and what wouldn’t.

I’d love to see RJ Davis get drafted high and do well, but at best he’ll be a role player and only be in the league for a few years before going overseas. Just doesn’t have the NBA level talent.

And to be fair, many of the top players that do get drafted don’t have the talent. But teams can only select from the pool they’re given each year.
I think they got the talent just lack the opportunity and chances

Back