Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

@Sony Montana i see u are building a “Wemby ain’t all that” Coalition in the NBA thread. U need to chill, lol. A lot of those folks have never seen the kid play and u are giving them VERY INCOMPLETE information.
Lol I’m not!

I’m just saying I don’t think he’s gonna be a two way star player but one that’s gonna be better defensively than offensively

and that’s fine I said I would still take him #1 because being a defensive anchor is very important for a team lol but I also won’t fault a team for not considering he’s a big

look I don’t even mention the injury stuff lol

Lol I’m not!

I’m just saying I don’t think he’s gonna be a two way star player but one that’s gonna be better defensively than offensively

and that’s fine I said I would still take him #1 because being a defensive anchor is very important for a team lol but I also won’t fault a team for not considering he’s a big

look I don’t even mention the injury stuff lol
idk-mhmm.gif

You know that’s not what I’m saying
Lol. I know. But man, u really made bad points in the NBA thread. U went from being critical of Wemby to defending him when some folks went more negative than u. Unfortunately u chose to emphasize his defense as special (which it is) while deemphasizing his offense (which could also be special).

I too am a Wemby skeptic, but mainly bcos of his injuries and that body type not holding up in the past.

Lol. I know. But man, u really made bad points in the NBA thread. U went from being critical of Wemby to defending him when some folks went more negative than u. Unfortunately u chose to emphasize his defense as special (which it is) while deemphasizing his offense (which could also be special).

I too am a Wemby skeptic, but mainly bcos of his injuries and that body type not holding up in the past.
The offense for his size and position is great and has potential but it is raw and I don’t think it’ll be the primary part of his game in the league (Atleast for the first 3 years) where the competition is better. Basically I don’t think his offense will be “special” at the next level. Just slightly unique because he’s that tall

Im not even saying he’s gonna be known as a defensive player per se but it’s a lot easier to rely on your D until your offense catches up a bit but at the same time the offense you get from him in the league will be a great bonus to the great Defense I think he will provide for a team (thus justifying him being a #1 pick)

Just my take on it.

I’m open to being wrong too it’s just what I think. The injury stuff? Well maybe it would work out for him if he isn’t good on offense to preserve his body lol

Back