Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

We barely talked about Overtime last season but with the Thompson twins looming, chatter will be up. Same with Scoot and the G- League. EYBL, i really dont care about.

IDK

U might have enough for a separate thread especially if Wembanyama signs with Ignite for next season, but i think it makes sense to stick with one thread.
Gotcha

just was curious

Cade
Mobley
Green
Barnes

Really like this rookie class, all 4 of these guys are special talents.....I think Jalen could jump Mobley early next year and be close to to Cade but I have to give Mobley the edge right now due to how impressive he was defensively

I like the situations each one of the players are in too

@Sony Montana @#1hiphopjunki3 @southsil4lil @Gray Matter @thefrenchwood @A.F.R.I.C.A

Now that we have seen their rookie seasons, how would u rank your top 3 in the 2021 class now? I think it pretty much comes down to Cade, Green, Mobley and Barnes. Giddey and Wagner might deserve consideration, but i need to see more to put them in the 1st group.

I still have Cade as the top guy. Started out slow, but improved very very much in the 2nd half especially when he got a lob threat in Bagley. Special talent that will only get better with more strength and better floor spacing.

I was one of the highest on Barnes pre draft and was happy to see him flourish in his rookie season, but i still have Mobley over him for the 2nd spot. Love Mobley's defense and i think he has shown a framework for his offense to be something special in the future. There was a brief period towards the end of the season when Jarrett Allen got injured and Mobley played as the center. He was amazing in the time-span until he hurt his ankle i think and missed some time.

Barnes is 3 for me. Solid passer, solid defender. Showed some scoring potential, but i am still really worried about his shot. Started out well shooting, but regressed as the season went on.

I have Jalen Green 4th. I know my Shtick on here is to call him Basura and belittle his game, but i am actually a fan of the kid as a person. Before the draft, heard he is a very hardworking kid who loves basketball. U can see his hard work in how he got better as the season went on. That's a kid who is listening to coaching and implementing what he has heard into his game. His 3 point shooting in the 2nd half of the season was amazing. Still terrible on defense, like really really bad. But i think that's something that can be fixed. I really want the Rockets to traded or cut KPJ and put the ball in Jalen Green's hands. See if he has some playmaking chops in him. If he does, could move up my list quickly.

Giddey = needs to shoot better

Wagner = Above average in alot of things (especially his passing which surprised me)

Reaves >>> Herb Jones , lol

Franz>>>>Scottie

*Kendrick Perkins voice*

and im standing on that

@Sony Montana @#1hiphopjunki3 @southsil4lil @Gray Matter @thefrenchwood @A.F.R.I.C.A

Now that we have seen their rookie seasons, how would u rank your top 3 in the 2021 class now? I think it pretty much comes down to Cade, Green, Mobley and Barnes. Giddey and Wagner might deserve consideration, but i need to see more to put them in the 1st group.

I still have Cade as the top guy. Started out slow, but improved very very much in the 2nd half especially when he got a lob threat in Bagley. Special talent that will only get better with more strength and better floor spacing.

I was one of the highest on Barnes pre draft and was happy to see him flourish in his rookie season, but i still have Mobley over him for the 2nd spot. Love Mobley's defense and i think he has shown a framework for his offense to be something special in the future. There was a brief period towards the end of the season when Jarrett Allen got injured and Mobley played as the center. He was amazing in the time-span until he hurt his ankle i think and missed some time.

Barnes is 3 for me. Solid passer, solid defender. Showed some scoring potential, but i am still really worried about his shot. Started out well shooting, but regressed as the season went on.

I have Jalen Green 4th. I know my Shtick on here is to call him Basura and belittle his game, but i am actually a fan of the kid as a person. Before the draft, heard he is a very hardworking kid who loves basketball. U can see his hard work in how he got better as the season went on. That's a kid who is listening to coaching and implementing what he has heard into his game. His 3 point shooting in the 2nd half of the season was amazing. Still terrible on defense, like really really bad. But i think that's something that can be fixed. I really want the Rockets to traded or cut KPJ and put the ball in Jalen Green's hands. See if he has some playmaking chops in him. If he does, could move up my list quickly.

Giddey = needs to shoot better

Wagner = Above average in alot of things (especially his passing which surprised me)

Reaves >>> Herb Jones , lol

Well, this year I evaluated players a lot more closely than last year -- any year, really. But now I would have:

1. Cade.
2. Barnes
3. Mobley
4. Green

Last year I had Green at 1. Cade showed beyond all doubt that he's a better player, though Green also showed that he can be coached and he started to live up to his promise after the All-Star Break.

I'd give the edge to Barnes over Mobley just because I think Barnes can do a little more than Mobley, but it's close.

@toheeb27

I feel it’s still to soon to really judge any of the draft class from last year.

In my opinion to be more accurate, letting them play out the rookie deal or at least 3 years into the NBA gives the best insight

The best guys in their rookie season in my opinion were

Scottie Barnes
Evan Mobley
Franz Wagner

In that order. All 3 in my opinion are really close because they all were efficient offensively and really good to solid defensively. Franz along with Sengun were two of my favorite targets for the Spurs at their spot in the draft. Orlando was smart and grabbed Franz earlier than a good amount of people thought he would go. He is a very versatile player.

@Sony Montana
Have a prospects thread and a NCAA thread.

The prospects thread talks about players who actually have a real shot of getting drafted. Not every player in those leagues are real NBA prospects and I seriously doubt a thread for each league will get a lot of traction. So for the G League, Overtime Elite, etc... just lump the good games and actual NBA caliber prospects in the prospect thread.

The NCAA & Forgien league threads talk about the actual leagues.

Last edited:
@Sony Montana
Have a prospects thread and a NCAA thread.

The prospects thread talks about players who actually have a real shot of getting drafted. Not every player in those leagues are real NBA prospects and I seriously doubt a thread for each league will get a lot of traction. So for the G League, Overtime Elite, etc... just lump the good games and actual NBA caliber prospects in the prospect thread.

The NCAA & Forgien league threads talk about the actual leagues.
Idk man seems like a lot of work for posters honestly. You know how many times I’ve seen a post that should be in the international one pop up in here? I don’t have confidence in that. Also idk if ppl are watching OE, G league and EYBL closely like that

I wouldn’t mind it being separate but I also don’t want to…change what others have been used to doing

Idk man seems like a lot of work for posters honestly. You know how many times I’ve seen a post that should be in the international one pop up in here? I don’t have confidence in that. Also idk if ppl are watching OE, G league and EYBL closely like that

I wouldn’t mind it being separate but I also don’t want to…change what others have been used to doing

It's like what 6, 7 of us at most that actually keep up with this stuff and watch it?

Have a thread for College Ball/G league/OE/EYBL and another for Foreign Competition

Personally I don't think it's necessary to have 3-4 threads about potential NBA prospects because a lot of stuff overlaps but that's just me

It's like what 6, 7 of us at most that actually keep up with this stuff and watch it?

Have a thread for College Ball/G league/OE/EYBL and another for Foreign Competition

Personally I don't think it's necessary to have 3-4 threads about potential NBA prospects because a lot of stuff overlaps but that's just me
Well in those threads idk if the sole purpose is to watch for NBA prospects but moreso to follow the leagues and games but like you said not that many of us even follow like that and like I said idk if ppl are gonna pay attention to those leagues outside of looking at prospects to warrant that.

Yeah best to leave it like how it is

Well in those threads idk if the sole purpose is to watch for NBA prospects but moreso to follow the leagues and games but like you said not that many of us even follow like that and like I said idk if ppl are gonna pay attention to those leagues outside of looking at prospects to warrant that.

Yeah best to leave it like how it is
You guys are more into learning the prospects for the NBA. For me, I’m more into the games. But reading your guys knowledge about the prospects have me wanting to get into that side so more.

my thing is a lot of NCAA fans talk about their teams and games they are watching at the time. That is totally different than actual players who are legit prospects.

So why not just have a prospect thread that talks about the players who folks think will make it into the NBA. You could throw those leagues like Overtime Elite and the G league in the prospects thread also.

it just muddies stuff up having folks talking about random games they are watching in my opinion.

my thing is a lot of NCAA fans talk about their teams and games they are watching at the time. That is totally different than actual players who are legit prospects.

So why not just have a prospect thread that talks about the players who folks think will make it into the NBA. You could throw those leagues like Overtime Elite and the G league in the prospects thread also.

it just muddies stuff up having folks talking about random games they are watching in my opinion.
Hey I get it man but if the other guys would rather keep it how it is for the sake of continuity and consistent engagement I think we should defer to them

Back