Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024/2025 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

After the Wemby vid was posted last week, Did some more Scoot tape watching and liked what I saw. BUT dude shooting 17% from three scares the hell out of me.

That will really need to get above 30% this upcoming season for me to think of him as a transcendent prospect.

ehh he was 17 playing with grown men. Shot looks good mechanically and he doesn't really seem to lack confidence. Id bet he comes back next year shooting it better. Scoot is above average to exceptional at just about everything aside from the shooting consistency. Im taking him number 1 in most drafts last years included.

ehh he was 17 playing with grown men. Shot looks good mechanically and he doesn't really seem to lack confidence. Id bet he comes back next year shooting it better. Scoot is above average to exceptional at just about everything aside from the shooting consistency. Im taking him number 1 in most drafts last years included.
Thought about this more yesterday. Most of the Ignite boys struggled from three this season. The transition to the NBA three point line must not be an easy one. Would love to see the splits on their shooting numbers from the 1st half of the season to the 2nd half.

@cj012890
@Hustlelitó

20220615_070726.jpg

4nNH.gif

Last edited:
Future all pro with jalen

It's crazy because I'm almost more excited about what we do after Paolo than anything just because we can go so many ways

For the most part we have the assets to move up for a player that we really like which is a great situation to be in....we can trade players for additional picks and combine that with 17 or we can do players and 17...depending on how things go early we may not even have to move up but I do expect us to be somewhat aggressive

This is what I have for our big board after Paolo

Benedict Mathurin- It would probably take a lot to move up high enough to get him but he would be great for us

No particular order:
Ousmane Dieng
Tari Eason
Jeremy Sochan

We might look at one of the bigs either Mark Williams or Jalen Duren, Jovic could be there at 17, I like TyTy Washington a lot but I don't think we need another guard....

Whatever we do though I'm very confident in Stone and the front office when it comes to the draft, I think it's going to be a great night for us

It's crazy because I'm almost more excited about what we do after Paolo than anything just because we can go so many ways

For the most part we have the assets to move up for a player that we really like which is a great situation to be in....we can trade players for additional picks and combine that with 17 or we can do players and 17...depending on how things go early we may not even have to move up but I do expect us to be somewhat aggressive

This is what I have for our big board after Paolo

Benedict Mathurin- It would probably take a lot to move up high enough to get him but he would be great for us

No particular order:
Ousmane Dieng
Tari Eason
Jeremy Sochan

We might look at one of the bigs either Mark Williams or Jalen Duren, Jovic could be there at 17, I like TyTy Washington a lot but I don't think we need another guard....

Whatever we do though I'm very confident in Stone and the front office when it comes to the draft, I think it's going to be a great night for us
I’ve been putting off watching these other prospects for a min but ima clear out some time today to do it.

I remember Griffin was projected at #6 a few months ago

I never had him that high but from 11-13
That medical will be really really important. Dude was mostly floor bound in college, but in High School before his injuries, he had some hops.

If he there is a chance he can get his athleticism back, he is top 5 in this class IMO.

BUT, that is a big if.

@thefrenchwood This is the same wishful thinking i keep having for Callum Hudson Odoi, lol. Dude was going to be a beast before his injury. Hopefully this year he gets his mojo back, smh.

That medical will be really really important. Dude was mostly floor bound in college, but in High School before his injuries, he had some hops.

If he there is a chance he can get his athleticism back, he is top 5 in this class IMO.

BUT, that is a big if.

@thefrenchwood This is the same wishful thinking i keep having for Callum Hudson Odoi, lol. Dude was going to be a beast before his injury. Hopefully this year he gets his mojo back, smh.

i wasn’t too impressed with him as I had him 10-14 before I even knew about his medical but yeah I see

Well no team should take him in the top 7 if he’s questionable like that

If the wizards drafted him and he gets back to being HIM that’s a great pick

Also I’m starting to get a bit down on sharpe because there’s no real strong evidence of him playing against good competition

I can see a team like the pistons taking him to capitalize off of him in like 3 years but outside of that I don’t really see any team drafting him before 9th

(I forgot the pacers but they like more ready prospects Imo)

The blazers could if they were looking to trade Dame but since they really wanna compete soon, outside of using him as a trade piece I’m not seeing it

Last edited:
Back