Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Playoffs East Semifinals: #1 Miami Heat vs #4 Philadelphia 76ers (MIA wins 4-2)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When are we ready to call "the Process" a failure btw?

Is tanking 6 years in a row and having the worst record in the league worth a handful of 2nd round exits?

Lmaooooo. Mfers thought they was gonna be the Money Ball of the NBA and got nothing to show for it.

Is tanking 6 years in a row and having the worst record in the league worth a handful of 2nd round exits?

Lmaooooo. Mfers thought they was gonna be the Money Ball of the NBA and got nothing to show for it.

I mean the Process started roughly ten years ago and they havent even made a conference finals

Would have to consider it a fail up to this point

Funny thing is as bad as the whole Tatum/Fultz debacle turned out to be that wasnt even close the worst move

Trading for Tobias Harris and then doubling down on that mistake by re-signing him instead of Jimmy is ultimately what doomed the Process

Funny thing is as bad as the whole Tatum/Fultz debacle turned out to be that wasnt even close the worst move

Trading for Tobias Harris and then doubling down on that mistake by re-signing him instead of Jimmy is ultimately what doomed the Process

Word, but Butler would have been out by now too. Unless they won.

Butler has max 3 years before wearing out his welcome.

Its why he wont be on the Heat next year unless they win this year.

It's a failure for the fans but if you look at it from a business point of view, it is a huge success.

They are one of the top teams in attendance and merchandise sales over the last few years.

In 2015 the franchise was worth 700 milli. Now it is worth 2.4 Billi.

Unpopular opinion but most owners only care about profits not trophies. The championships are icing on the cake but not the main reason they buy teams.

It's a failure for the fans but if you look at it from a business point of view, it is a huge success.

They are one of the top teams in attendance and merchandise sales over the last few years.

In 2015 the franchise was worth 700 milli. Now it is worth 2.4 Billi.

Unpopular opinion but most owners only care about profits not trophies. The championships are icing on the cake but not the main reason they buy teams.

100%

I cant knock a single thing you said.

But im asking you specifically. Is the process a success or failure?

100%

I cant knock a single thing you said.

But im asking you specifically. Is the process a success or failure?
To me it is not a failure because realistically I never truly believed this team was built to win a title. Imo.

I love Biid. He is a generational talent. But this is a perimeter driven league. The game is won and lost on the perimeter.

When is the last time a center was the best player on a title team?
Shaq?
Or maybe Duncan depending on if you want to count him as a center or PF?

Once Ben came in and showed after one season he was passive and we followed that by messing up the Fultz trade. I knew it was a wrap. Imo that Fultz/Tatum pick was supposed to be the piece to put us over the top.

I say that bcuz Ben and Fultz/Tatum would have been an elite perimeter pairing.

If you're building a team in today's NBA you should start outside in not inside out. Imo

Biid would have to be the second best player on your team in today's NBA. Imo

To me it is not a failure because realistically I never truly believed this team was built to win a title. Imo.

I love Biid. He is a generational talent. But this is a perimeter driven league. The game is won and lost on the perimeter.

When is the last time a center was the best player on a title team?
Shaq?
Or maybe Duncan depending on if you want to count him as a center or PF?

Once Ben came in and showed after one season he was passive and we followed that by messing up the Fultz trade. I knew it was a wrap. Imo that Fultz/Tatum pick was supposed to be the piece to put us over the top.

I say that bcuz Ben and Fultz/Tatum would have been an elite perimeter pairing.

If you're building a team in today's NBA you should start outside in not inside out. Imo

Biid would have to be the second best player on your team in today's NBA. Imo

I think Embiid can win a ring as your best player.

I dont think this team is built right around Embiid.

I think Embiid can win a ring as your best player.

I dont think this team is built right around Embiid.
Fuck spacing. Lol

Once you double team Biid with or without shooters he can be somewhat contained. So now you need a guy who can get buckets on his own. I wish that was Harden but he is washed.

Philly's glaring problem since they have had Biid is not having shot creators.

What made Shaq so dominant was that if you doubled him, Kobe was gonna kill you. Wnen Kobe was focused on, now Shaq can do what he do.

Fuck spacing. Lol

Once you double team Biid with or without shooters he can be somewhat contained. So now you need a guy who can get buckets on his own. I wish that was Harden but he is washed.

Philly's glaring problem since they have had Biid is not having shot creators.

What made Shaq so dominant was that if you doubled him, Kobe was gonna kill you. Wnen Kobe was focused on, now Shaq can do what he do.

Kobe and Shaq a top 3 duo of all time though.

You dont need a bucket getter as good as Kobe.

Butler would have been good enough. Embiid + Butler and 3 shooters could win a ring.

Ideally, you would want a better shooter.

Embiid + Rockets Harden can win you a ring too.

Too bad you got Sixers Harden. Lmaooo

Kobe and Shaq a top 3 duo of all time though.

You dont need a bucket getter as good as Kobe.

Butler would have been good enough. Embiid + Butler and 3 shooters could win a ring.

Ideally, you would want a better shooter.

Embiid + Rocketsmbiid + Rockets Harden can win you a ring too.

Too bad you got Sixers Harden. Lmaooo
Embiid + Rockets Harden would make Biid the second best player and that was my original point.

Embiid + Rockets Harden would make Biid the second best player and that was my original point.

Rockets Harden being the best player on a team aint winning a chip, so now we stuck in a loop.

Fuck it though.

Hope Harden turns back the clock tonight and makes this a competitive series

Rockets Harden being the best player on a team aint winning a chip, so now we stuck in a loop.

Fuck it though.

Hope Harden turns back the clock tonight and makes this a competitive series
Not dribble the shot clock down Harden while everyone watches but go get buckets /drive & dish Harden.

Back