Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Play-In Tournament Thread

Man I'm so happy for BI getting to the playoffs for the first time in his career.

Dude has really embraced the city and they have been with him every step of the way.

This really feels like the start... That turning moment for the franchise. Hopefully they can use this as a springboard and really do something special next year.

That relocation shit is annoying as fuck.

Like what makes a city more deserving. Niggas is so lame
You would think Seattle won 6 tiles in 8 years or some shit how people keep trying to force a team there.

But I'll just add, two things can be true. Both Nola and Seattle should be able to have a team.

Meanwhile, Sacramento is never in the conversation for relocation. IDC if the fans show up. THAT organization has not done anything to put a winning product on the floor which is a huge disservice to all the people there that actually consistently support the team.

At the end of the day, as the great impatientbull on Twitter said, "I'ma die a Pelicans fan cause that bitch got new Orleans in front of it"

All this other shit don't even matter

You would think Seattle won 6 tiles in 8 years or some shit how people keep trying to force a team there.

But I'll just add, two things can be true. Both Nola and Seattle should be able to have a team.

Meanwhile, Sacramento is never in the conversation for relocation. IDC if the fans show up. THAT organization has not done anything to put a winning product on the floor which is a huge disservice to all the people there that actually consistently support the team.

At the end of the day, as the great impatientbull on Twitter said, "I'ma die a Pelicans fan cause that bitch got new Orleans in front of it"

All this other shit don't even matter

I don’t get what you’re saying regarding Sacramento.

Them moving would still be the same “organization”. Are you saying the owner needs to sell the team?

I don’t get what you’re saying regarding Sacramento.

Them moving would still be the same “organization”. Are you saying the owner needs to sell the team?
Well I would assume ownership would automatically change over with a relocation but that's a fair point you make. I just didn't think I had to address it as part of my larger point.

But if they change ownership and they start putting a product worth watching on the floor then hell, keep them there...

My biggest issue is that for whatever reason, people outside of Nola view the Pelicans as the team who has been under the same ownership for a lengthy period of time and use isolated incidents to judge them as a whole.

The CP3 years were not the AD years. The AD years are not the current iteration of this team. At every level there has been a change in ownership to some degree and should be judged on that alone. But it's the cool thing to say that the Pelicans mishandled the CP years, they botched the AD years, and they're currently botching the Zion era.

This is NO shade to the knick fans on this board as I genuinely fuck with all of them but they have had the same owner for the last what, 20+ years? Fans have boycotted for him to sell the team, they have had the worst record in the league going back since I think 2006, but no one on a national stage is trying to relocate them based on the product that's on the floor. Don't confuse this with fan support. I'm strictly talking from a team production standpoint.

But the talking points are "Zion is trying to force his way to the Knicks". How is this good for the NBA when national outlets continue to say this shit every chance they get?

There are stars everywhere in this league. And that's how it should be and they should all be getting recognition regardless of market size.

It's worse than I thought, since I was a freshman in college😳😳

AND they are in the East?

But the Pelicans are the ones who need to be relocated?

Bu bu but Spike and The Mecca.
This is my thing, why can the Knicks be this bad for so long yet are allowed to always hold onto the hope of being a good team but this isn't afforded to other organizations?

For small market teams, it's title or bust but for the Knicks, it's just not being worse than the season before

HERB FUCKING JONES!!!

His turnaround in one fucking year from his last game at Alabama until yesterday has been fucking unreal!!

I think he was a career 63%FT shooter at Alabama but is shooting like 84% in his rookie year. Man!!

Paul George and Kawhi have done nothing in 3 seasons as far as making a real run

I know this is significantly less than what they envisioned since going to the clippers

I wonder how long they got before growing frustrated

What could have been. Nigga wanted to go home tho. Bet he tired of that house now. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Back